Monday, June 9, 2008

on the street

After having pizza, Eric and Ellie walked around the old market for quite awhile looking at art they couldn't possibly afford, yet giving spare change to the old fellow with his banjo on the corner. It was practically, night, and Eric heard the clatter of a horse's hooves. It was the horse drawn carriage stopping at the corner.

"I always wanted to do this." He grabbed her hand tightly, and they sprinted to the carriage. Eric pulled out his money quickly and gave it to the driver. Then he helped Ellie into the carriage.

The seats were made of an elegant white leather. It felt like something made for a princess. Eric put his arm around Ellie, he cuddled her close and breathed into her ear, then kissed her neck, softly. His fingers intertwined with hers. She took a deep breath, smiled and looked up at the city lights. It was intoxicating. She wondered if he were falling asleep on her. No, he was kissing her lips now which was slowly turning in to an open kiss. How could she not have known? It would be this quaint. Maybe to anyone else, silly.

Finally, he pushed himself up from the lull, and took a deep breath.

"I wish it could happen here," he whispered.

"Wish what could happen here?" She swallowed back the idea at what he might be getting at.

"You know, fucking right here. Now." He chuckled.

"Here?" Had she heard him correctly? Anyone else who used that word was crude, but when he said it so..fondly. Her eyes opened wide. She laughed. "You are kidding?"

"No, I'm not." He touched her cheek then as the horse plodded on down the cobbled street.

"You wouldn't." She didn't want to smile, but then it felt strange to hear him talk this way, like he might break out in a song and dance routine about it. She wasn't sure if it was just a particular word, or the whole idea that he'd bring it up. Now.

"I don't know, is that a dare?" He smirked. His thumb was at the corner of her mouth, and it startled her as she looked at him closely with his sleepy eyes. What was he actually imaging?

He kissed her as if she didn't need to think about it. It almost felt like a deep dream.

Finally, the carriage came to a halt, and Ellie knew she couldn't move without feeling slightly dizzy. It was if they'd been on a ship for the last twenty minutes, and it finally docked.

"I shouldn't have said that." He was even lipped then when they were back on the sidewalk. "Just don't think I'm a prat." He pressed his lips together, and squinted hard. "I know. Its the last thing on your mind with what happened-" Eric stopped before he said Rex's name. He was still holding her hand as they walked into the crowd. "I just want it to be brillant. You know. No worries. And yet the spontaneity of it all."

"Lets not jump ahead, OK?" How could she make him understand. Wants and needs were beginning to be a blur, and so were the definitions of sex and love, perhaps. "I like this. I like right now." Couldn't this be enough?

They strolled into an art gallery where it was bright and airy, and oh so modern with a minimalist touch.

"I know. I want this too, but I'm afraid you won't believe me." He sat on a strange couch, almost clay-like, that Ellie hoped wasn't art on display. He pulled her along aside him. "I'm afraid you think I have something to prove. Maybe I do. I just want to be with you. Does that sound desperate? I'm not coming off psycho, am I?"

"Stop. I like being with you," Ellie shook her head, no. "If it happens, it'll happen. I don't want to rush into anything. This is good." She smiled. She kissed him then. "You're a good kisser, and thats enough."

He kissed her back. Perhaps she was beginning to enjoy kissing in public places as much as he did.

Penelope - Saosin

14 comments:

  1. that was too fast. i mean, Eric. lol. but i like it. my heart stopped beating for a moment. haha. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. but i think you need rest more than i do. got migraine for 2 days, too. due to hot weather. anyway, hope you'll be fine soon. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horse-drawn carriage = fun
    E&E doing it in there mentioned somewhat randomly = surprising

    But you pulled it off.

    Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely writing Ellie-keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HIIIIIIII
    WATS UPS DEAR
    PIZZA MY FAV
    YOU ARE FABLOUS WRITER AND ONE THING MORE YOUR ARE VERY NEAR TO YOUR HEART .BYE GOD BLESS YOU

    ReplyDelete
  6. at least ellie's happy with him. but, eric: the spontaneity? i don't think eric is very spontaneous, even if i sound like a prat now ^^ but all i want is for ellie to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw, that was nice. as much as i disapprove of this eric+ellie thing, the intimacy you described was...nice. dammit.

    haha, watch, you're going to break them apart right when i start enjoying this relationship, and i'll get mad... rawr. :|

    i liked it though (as always), good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! I never expected that from Eric and i still miss Kyle... But i am glad there was a new chapter! Great job... but Ellie needs 2 tell Eric 2 stop! lolz. Go back to Kyle! Well, maybe Kyle will come around and Eric will stop being like this! :)
    XOXO Buh-Laire :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup. I know the feeling. After school I took a nap for about four hours . . . means I'll have to stay up cramming on my final project but what the hell.

    CSATS 17 is almost done. Promise.

    Hey. You survived MSI. That's quite an accomplishment. You deserve sleep.

    LOL. So, you're going to have to tell me how the show was =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! I was just gonna tell you i posted a new story entry on my Writer's Blog. Pleez read and comment! Thnx!
    XOXO Buh-Laire :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey sweetie!

    a kiss and a hug for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. new site link: www.sydney-speel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool blog! Thank You for Yuor comment and I will visit Your blog always. :-)

    ReplyDelete