Tuesday, November 18, 2008

seriously

It was almost 4 in the morning, and Kyle's Mom still had him squirming. She was so sure he'd had sex with Roxie. Of course, she was wrong about that. Even if it didn't seem so. Even if some of the time, he acted as if they had because she wanted to keep her reputation in tact, so to speak. But as it was he really was no more than a listener. He might as well have been whipped by Roxie. He didn't want to admit that, but it was true.

And Ellie was the only one who knew about him and his brother's ex. It was something he wasn't going to admit to his mother. He just didn't want to see the horror in her face and well, he really hadn't done anything quite like that since then. Not to say it might not happen with Amanda. It just might since it almost did. So much he wanted to say, yet so much he didn't.

"Mom, I'm not even thinking about it." But he was. Seriously, he was. It was so close to being more than just kissing with Amanda. Yeah, they'd touched. Maybe they'd keep it that way for the time being. "Just don't worry so much."

"Well, if I could lock you up, and throw away the key for the next few years, I wouldn't worry so much," she told him.

"You ever worry about Sam that much?" Kyle wondered.

"Sam." She rolled her eyes. "You two are so much alike. He was all secretive too. He'd blow his top every-time I asked anything."

"I'm not like that." Kyle squinted.

"You're my baby."

"God, Mom, I'm not a baby." Kyle hated to hear that.

"I don't know if I'm ready to be a grandmother yet," she sighed. "I'm trying to get married first."

"Yeah, well, why are you staying up so late with me then?" Kyle slyly smirked.

"Promise me, you won't rush into anything. You're too young to be thinking about sex."

"Whatever." But in the back of his mind he was thinking the sex stuff would probably happen sooner than later.

8 comments:

  1. Oh no, being talked to like that by his mother must be the worst thing, especially at four in the morning.
    Wow, I'd tell my mum it was none of her business if and with whom I had sex!! And I hate it, I just hate it when parents call their kids "babies" when they're not anymore. Gaaaah.
    And I never heard that song from Gossip Girl... I'll have to look it up on YouTube! It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes what an awkward conversation to have with your mum! Plus that early in the morning I would be incoherent with mumbles and grunts lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last sentence..a lot of us can relate too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still feel like he's not ready for amanda... like i feel like she'll react really badly afterward...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Kyle, but that's Mom for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Kyle, but that's Mom for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol. i never talk about sex with my mom. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. as a mom, i can relate to this. but i also remember when my mother found out i was having sex for the first time too....i was so pissed that she felt she had the right to know. this is awesome writing..

    ReplyDelete