Saturday, June 27, 2009

just friends

"Who would have thunk it?" Roger was in a silly mood when he found Lon channel surfing a couple days later. "Lon the lawn boy." He smirked and plopped on the other side of the couch.

"Yeah, I've always thought I'd love that title, until now." Lon gave him a grim look that he wasn't impressed with his humor.

"Didn't you get a call or something this morning about lawn care at the University?"

Lon nodded, but didn't say much else.

"What? You're not gonna take it?" Roger looked at him.

"Yes, I am." Lon glared at him. "Its just for the summer."

"Maybe you'll move on to being a trash man after that." Roger couldn't let this go. How low was Ellie going to go with this guy. He could see Lon depending on Ellie for everything.

"You never know." Lon switched to another channel that wasn't cartoon network.

Roger hugged himself then.

"So why aren't you going out?" Lon looked at him then. "Don't you have a day off? Shouldn't you be out finding a guy or something?"

Roger shot him a look then.

"You better watch it, people are going to actually think Olivia might be your girlfriend," Lon sighed. "You wouldn't want that, now would you?"

Roger gave him a sour look that he hated the fact that Lon brought up Olivia.

"I'm not just going to go out with anyone, all right?" Roger gritted. "Anyway, the only guy who's interested in me looks like Josh from Josh and Drake from his fat days. He's not my type."

"You never know, you should give him a chance," Lon shrugged.

Roger shook his head, no. How dare he? Pompous ass, he thought..he doesn't know me. He doesn't know how it is.

"I think you're sending Olivia the wrong vibe." Lon told him.

"There are no vibes. We are just friends." Plain and simple, but the more Lon talked about her the more he wanted to call her and be with her.

6 comments:

  1. oh Roger..hehehhee..Lon the Lawn boy..hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how they talk to each other. I wonder if Roger really means it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the oaks, I enjoys their conversation quite a lot. They're very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Drake and Josh...my little sister used to be obsessed with that show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. roger and lon having it out!
    i haven't read this in a while, but i LIKE HOW THIS IS GOING.
    :)

    ReplyDelete