Thursday, December 10, 2009

what the future holds

Heath was applying anywhere possible these days for a teaching job.

"I wish you wouldn't let your dad stress you out so much, you know." Nick watched him on his laptop.

"Well, its now or never." True, Heath was tense hoping every word was spelled correctly. It was annoying, but he would be graduating soon. And he needed to at least try. He didn't want his Dad to think he was a complete failure.

"You should take some time off." Nick shrugged. "Its the holidays."

"I'll have January to meditate, I'm sure." Heath figured as much. Here he was giving up the one job he had for what? The unknown.

"I don't like seeing you like this." Nick stood there with his hand's in his jean pockets.

"Are we having a fight?" Heath winced as he slapped his laptop shut.

"No." Nick winced back.

"Then, get off my case about this, will you? Its my future." Heath then glared.

"But its with me." Nick's voice changed ever so slightly as if Heath had completely forgotten about him.

Heath looked away. He didn't know what to say. Maybe this wasn't enough. Maybe he really needed to be on his own. Perhaps he'd depended on Nick far too much.

"I'm not sure anymore." Heath shook his head. "I'm not sure of anything, anymore." He bit his bottom lip.

Nick gritted a frown as if he'd shove him if he could, but he wouldn't. He stomped away. Slamming the door behind him.

Heath stood there in the silence. It didn't make him feel any better as to what he'd said.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to let you know about my giveaway. Don't forget to sign up!
    Xx

    http://www.whoogaboots.co.uk/ukugg.asp?p=freeuggboots&xref=candidcouture101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this isn't the end for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heath needs to live his own life, but I hope it's still with Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an argument! Isn't Heath getting a bit grumpy these days? hmm...

    ReplyDelete