Tuesday, May 8, 2012

the ins and outs

"Is she mad at me?" Henry wanted to know, outside with Derrick. He supposed going with Josie so soon to put a wish list together for baby items was a little much. Now he wondered if he should just cancel it or what at the department stores.

"No, she's not mad at you." Derrick squeezed his shoulder. "How could you think that? No one can stay mad at you."

"It could happen." Henry was sure of it, but he didn't mean to make Derrick think the world revolved around him, either. "I just..I just have to be more considerate, or something." He sighed then, leaning on Derrick's old car not wanting to go home.

"Stop worrying." Derrick jabbed him in the abs and tickled him. Henry caved in with a laugh. He was all smiles.

"You know, its just a matter of time, before I get that shelving position at the library." Henry finally got around to telling Derrick, after they played around a bit. "I want it so bad, you know." He kept his eyes on Derrick, then seriously nursed his bottom lip.

"Topher wants me to be his drummer." He'd left Henry a voice mail about it. "But I can't. I won't. That ..that.." He scratched the side of his head. "I have to be on Josie's side. I'd never do anything for that jerk. And..and there is something elses.."

"What?" Derrick looked kind of confused.

"Topher's been hanging out with the shelver..who's job I want...I don't know if she's using anything really bad. But they get high. I can smell them. I know." Henry felt better for telling Derrick.

"Josie doesn't need to be around that." Derrick was even lipped.

"Yeah, another reason I don't want to be in his band." Henry nodded.

Derrick smiled. They kissed as if it was time to shut up and make out. What Henry came for all along. Why did they have to talk so much when they could have been doing this? Oh yeah, the thought finally hit Henry. It was hard to pry each other a part.

A few minutes later the front porch came on like an alarm. Henry knew it was time to go.

5 comments:

  1. I really love your blog dear!
    Keep posting and go for it :)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE all been in the same situation at some point of our lives. Great post.

    PS. Thank you for your comment on my blog and would love to follow each other if you like. Come visit me and let me know.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..they are cute together..

    ReplyDelete