Thursday, December 21, 2017

A love like ours

A Love Like Ours




Brick was certain of it..he was spending far too much time with his mother this winter so he jumped at the chance to spend time with Lily for some Christmas shopping.

Of course, she needed his help deciding what to get her own mother.

"Isn't it weird that your mom and my mom are both pregnant." She made the observation while they were looking at perfume and lotions. She was reading on the back of a bottle to make sure it was OK for anyone pregnant to have.

"I dunno. I guess I expected it, sooner or later." He shrugged as if both of them were above that sort of earthly thing... ever happening to them.

"I always wanted a baby sister." She told him with a broad smile.

"You would." He looked at her as if maybe she did live a little too much in a fantasy world. "What if you get a brother?" He said he wanted a brother.

"I guess I would be fine with it. Will you love your little sister?" She wanted to know as she went on to find a floral fragrance her mother would like.

"I guess." He hadn't thought about it, really.

"I can't wait to see you around a baby." She smiled with a surge of giddiness.

"Oh really?" What was that suppose to mean? "I have you know, I used to even change Theo's diaper when he was a baby." He knew a thing or two about babies. He was practically an uncle to his cousin. "Have you ever changed a diaper?"

Lily shook her head, no.

Brick smiled and took her hand. "Let's get a hot chocolate."

He did have a plan. Just maybe he'd kiss Lily before Christmas or next year. He wasn't really in any hurry, but he did want to be her boyfriend. He'd have to get Gordy to come back to the mall with him. He wanted to get her something special.

1 comment: