Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Actually, life is beautiful and I have time



 It was kind of funny. Jory forgot to check his own mail. Honestly, he didn't even know where the mailboxes were in his own building. Of course, he generally waited for Dan to get the mail, but lately, Dan kept asking if he'd get it. He was busy at work.

Someone cleared their throat behind him as if he was in their way. He looked back and saw no one. He forgot to look down. Really, she wasn't a midget. Not that anyone like that would scare him, but he did almost jump.

"Oh, sorry." 

She said nothing but went to pick up her mail. He looked to see if he could figure out just how she did that. Was he supposed to have a key? Honestly, he guessed his mind was on so many things lately that he possibly looked quite pathetic. He hoped he hadn't walked out of the apartment without his sweat pants. What if that was what she meant when she cleared her throat. But he was fully clothed and in his house slippers

Yes, it was awkward, but she handed him some mail. 

"Is this you?" She asked.

He took it, but doubted it was for him.

"Or your boyfriend's?"

Now he cleared his throat and looked at her wide-eyed. He didn't know what to say to that without sounding like an idiot. 

"He's just my roommate," he assured her.

"I work with him," her voice was cold as if she couldn't stand him. "He doesn't like women, you know."

"Really?" Jory winced. Honestly, this was the longest conversation he'd had with anyone in a very long time and he could see it wasn't going all that well.

"I don't really talk to him either," he shrugged, wanting to put on his best smile.

She walked away but looked back at him. "I'm Rachel, I live across the hall from you."

19 comments:

  1. That's right, life is beautiful...

    I follow your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always great catching up with your work, Ellie:) I am totally loving them! Yay for Vicki finding out who the guy is finally, and it will be interesting to see what will happen with the Jory storyline. Is Rachel gonna play a big part? Hmmmm....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this Rachel will be an interesting character in this novel:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding Rachel to the mix will be interesting to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting to follow the story line

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading about this meet-cute! Rachel seems like a woman who knows what she wants . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wanted Jory to meet some new. Perhaps a surreal mundane moment. Actually, a model from Forever21 caught my eye making me think of someone from that 70's show. Sad thing..I can only find a few pictures of this model..but I think it will be enough.

      Delete
  7. Hola!! me gustó mucho una maravillosa entrada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!! I really enjoyed reading this, thanks for sharing.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the chapter and I already want to see how Rachel will fit in.
    xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing post, like always
    Thanks for sharing
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this meeting will change their lives

    ReplyDelete