Saturday, March 6, 2021

keeping on the same page

 


"Well, she didn't have anything good to say about you," Jory told Dan at breakfast.

"Who?" Dan bit into his toast and took another forkful of scrambled egg.

"The girl across the hall, Rachel." Jory watched him eat and then returned to the crispy bacon he crumbled on his eggs.

Dan sighed. "She is a bitch." 

"I can't believe you said that," Jory shook his head. He told him she didn't look that way to him.

"Well, I work with her, she's stolen suckers from little kids, for no good reason. If she doesn't like the way they are acting..she..she just..I dunno..I don't like her." Dan swelled a frown. Maybe he was cold, but she was colder. They would never be friends.

Jory nodded. He said he could see her being scary. Maybe it was the eyes. He sighed as if he needed to look at her again.

"You aren't thinking of ..of asking her out, are you?" Dan's brow furrowed.

"No." Jory winced hard as if that was unthinkable. "I don't like asking girls out."

He could tell Jory wasn't thinking of Rachel as a girl. They both knew she was a woman.

"I'd stay clear of her if I were you," Dan didn't think nothing good would come of it.

Jory nodded as he finished up his eggs and toast. Dan asked him then if he wanted to drive into the city to make a few stops at his favorite grocery stores for organic foods. Jory only nodded and said he was up for going out.


22 comments:

  1. I wonder if Jory is interested in Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg!
    Interesting, very interesting
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. ☺ Can we say that; Dan is jealous or he pretented .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell if Dan is jealous or overprotective. :/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting, maybe Dan doesn't want Jory to be friends with Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how this piece of writing starts with a disagreement between Jory and Dan about Rachel, and ends with an agreement between the two about a drive into town to buy a few groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muy interesante, espero ver que ocurre en el otro capitulo . Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  8. Muy interesante, deseando leer más en otro post!
    Bsss

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh god, that talk between Jory and Dan was intense. I think there was so my tension in the air you could even cut it with a knive hahah. I love this story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Probably Dan is idiot I don´t know~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or he might be right. We all see what we want to see..sometimes in a person. And from a co-worker perspective she might be hard to get along with. Granted, I would be like Jory..thinking..I didn't even know Dan could say potty mouth words.

      Delete
  11. Great dialog in your writing very life like ~ Happy Sunday to you ~ Good to have you comment again ~

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello!! this is really good, I want to read more, thanks for sharing.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. intense dialog...getting interesting

    # I am following you

    ReplyDelete
  14. It does kind of sound like both Dan and Jory may be interested in Rachel. Then again, a girl -- no, wait, woman! -- who steals lollipops from little kids does sound unbearable. So maybe Dan really is trying to caution Jory. Can't wait to see how this one goes!

    ReplyDelete