Friday, March 12, 2021

we both knew I wasn't enough



 Xander was glad he could get Candy in on this meeting with Steve even if it was by face time. At least, Steve was over and they could discuss Simon (who he was certain would be furious if he knew what they were doing).

"His parents both are drinkers. His mom was more of a social drinker, but my dad, he hid it well. Although, I knew it anyway. I think that's why he was never around us more. I know he was busy at the office, but I knew. I just never said anything about it." Xander told them what they both knew about Simon, the definition of a poor little rich boy.

"I kept thinking he'd changed," Xander said, but from Candy's recollection, he could see Simon hadn't.

"I always thought it was me," she sounded sad about it, but she'd met someone new and they were having a baby in late summer. She was quite happy in sunny Florida.

"I'm sorry I bothered you," Xander said she was glad she'd gone on and was happy. He was happy for her.

"It's OK, I was wondering how he was doing," she seemed shocked that Simon was with Steve. She didn't think of him as ever being gay.

Steve almost had a set back in tears. Naturally, his side of the story was the idea that maybe it was never meant to be. He was the one who caused all Simon's drinking.

"He does love you," Xander told him. "I've never seen him this way about any of the girls he dated," Xander told him after they got off the phone with Candy. "I mean, he made me think this was the first time he ever fell in love with someone."

Steve cleared his throat. "I know I'm not as physical as he wants me to be," Steve said he couldn't rush something like this. And with Simon being drunk, it just didn't help. He wasn't sure if he ever wanted to be in a relationship if it was like this. "I didn't know." He knew Steve was scared.

Xander nodded. He hoped that wasn't the case. But at the moment he was glad Steve could stay with his friends. Still, he knew he didn't have any real solutions. It was up to Simon to make a change in his bad habits.

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad that Xander and Steve are moving forward in trying to help Simon. Even though it's painful. And it seems that Simon can be himself with Steve in a way that he couldn't with anyone else, Candy included. That's something worth saving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!! so good and interesting.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The change has to begin with Simon, he has to want to stop drinking. It wil be hard but he'll have the support of his friends if he wants it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A veces es muy dificil cambiar de hábitos. Buen capitulo Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  5. Xander, short for Alexander?
    So, Xander and Candy were discussing Simon's drinking problem.
    Hopefully, they intend to do something about it, provided the latter will let them help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Una historia preciosa! Me ha gustado mucho!
    bss

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think one should stop drunk...
    Nice part....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting, fascinating adventure. Really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life is full of downs and ups! But first he has to stop drinking. Fantastic. Thank you Ellie!

    ReplyDelete