Tuesday, October 4, 2022

And whatever comes your way



 Well, of course, Steve and Victoria got married. It was a rather small affair down at the river. Of course, Poppy was in the wedding too and even Gage was there, but they didn't come together. Yes, it was a fine fall day. The weather was a nice 60ish number. No one was in a sweat. And the belly dancers came out to dance when the ceremony was over. It wasn't a planned ending but it was at the park.

Alfie was waiting for Poppy and Gage to leave together. But then again, he hoped they didn't. He'd been having some dark thoughts as of late. No, wait. Maybe it was anger issues. He couldn't even decide that. Even on Steve's Wedding day when he was Steve's only best man, there he was consumed with the threat of Gage being with Poppy.

It finally occurred to him that he couldn't be friends with Gage anymore. He just couldn't. Especially, if Gage and Poppy had sex. Just the idea made him want to rip Gage apart. He knew he couldn't get used to it. So, after the wedding and the potluck were over, he went up and asked Gage if he was having sex with Poppy. They were down by the water alone. Alfie could have easily pushed him into the Missouri. 

"What?" Gage winced hard. Poppy was off doing something with Victoria. At first, Gage wasn't going to answer him, but then he said. "I don't move that fast."

"Well, I would.. but then ..." Alfie made a face of disgust. "I don't think we can be friends anymore."

"Huh?" Of course, he'd caught Gage off guard. "Weren't you the one who wanted me to ask her out, anyway?"

"Did I?" Alfie was in a snarl. He did his best to look casual about this conversation. "Well. maybe I did. I just...." He was pretty sure he might have been drunk at the time when he said that, but since he wasn't drinking anymore, he was seeing everything in a new light. "I mean.. go ahead. I can't stop you, but I don't want to be friends anymore... if you do."

"Even if I marry her?" Gage kind of smiled at him with a shrug. Alfie gave him a nod.

"Are you?" Alfie wanted to know.

"I don't know. We.. we barely have lunch together, anymore." He told him. Obviously, this made Alfie smile. About then, Ting found him. She asked if he was ready to go home.

"Who's that?" Gage wanted to know.

Alfie kept smiling as if maybe he'd won this round. "Oh, just somebody I live with," he said as he walked away.

16 comments:

  1. sometimes people after drinking say different kind of words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Steve and Victoria got married who are best friends of Poppy and Alfie (who were in the wedding, but they have broken up) And evidently Alfie isn't taking the breakup as well as he said he was.

      Delete
  3. Alfie has issues, he acts like a jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont like Alfle's Smile (not friendly). Envy brings disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I have a little issue w/ Alfie in this one too . Poor Gage, just trying to enjoy the wedding and Alfie gets like that. But yay for Steve and Vic! And belly dancers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genial fragmento. Los problemas se avecinan para Gage. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alfie is truly strange, his behaviour is ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very good chapter. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, congrats to Victoria and Steve! I love the surprise appearance of the belly dancers! As for Alfie, I think everything's already been said in the rest of the comments. I can't help but wonder if he's still drinking despite his reports to the contrary. I wonder if Ting knows what she's getting into? We shall see!

    ReplyDelete