Monday, March 18, 2024

And we'll leave this all to gravity


 

"Do these jogging pants make me look fat?" Dory turned trying to look at his bum.

"Babe, you have no butt," Cedric hated to remind him that he (Cedric) had enough butt for the both of them. Still, he felt weird in a tracksuit. "Should we change outfits?"

It wasn't every day they met up at the basketball court at the park. And it was getting late. The sun still hung around but winter hadn't lost its chill just yet.

"No," Dory cracked up. Cedric pulled him in close. If only they could have a quickie before they went, but they were going to fashionable late, anyway. Cedric would hate to leave Axton hanging with dear old Stan.

Naturally, Stan did look out of his element when they managed to get to the court.  There were some other guys there dribbling about and putting in some swift shots in the hoop. Cedric watched carefully. He even danced with an imaginary ball and acted like he knew how to take a shot at the hoop. About then Axton shoved the ball practically in his stomach, but Cedric managed to grab it.

"What are you doing?"  Axton asked as his dreds fell around his eyes.

"Warming up," Cedric bounced the ball back to him. 

"Let's do this," Axton sure knew his way with a layup. Cedric had a feeling Axe would just hang back maybe even find some real players.

About then, two guys came up in long shorts and wearing hoodies.

"You guys up for a game?" The dark-haired one grinned and introduced himself, Alfie, and his partner Gage.

"Oh, we..we've never actually played together," Axton told him. 

"Well, no time like the present," Alfie shrugged and pointed to Stan. "Come on, let's play."

So they started. Two on two.

"He didn't even ask me," Cedric said on the sideline with Dory who had his hands shoved in his hoodie pockets. 

"Why are you so upset?" Dory grinned. "You know you don't like being on the court. You get vertigo."

"It's not vertigo." Cedric shook his head no.

"Losers get to buy burgers at the coffee shop," Alfie smirked and took a great shot from mid-court. But Stan didn't wait. There was a spring in his step. He got the ball and hooked a layup to everyone's surprise.


19 comments:

  1. I loved the chapter
    X
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo....nothing more fun than a friendly game of basketball:)
    PS Thanks so much for the heads up on 19th Floor, Ellie! I just Googled it and I love the premise of the show! It's right up my alley. :) And it's on Viki too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genial premio. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola!! un capítulo bastante bueno. Espero ponerme al día con las siguientes partes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i find this chapter very thrilling:) usually i do not like reading about sports, but you wrote such a stunning epizode :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    I loved playing basketball when I was very young, even though I was small in stature I played a lot! This game is going to be a big hit, the prize looks good to me ... and delicious! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I would like basketball..since I played when I was little, but I am glad I was in that sport now.

      Delete
  7. Haha very nice one, you played very well with words, I like so much to read your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hola
    me has dejado con ganas de más, espero la siguiente publicación con ganas
    Besotessssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello
      you have left me wanting more, I look forward to the next post🧁❤️🩷🩷Thanks so much!

      Delete
  9. This chapter is pretty action packed...basketball :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Cedric and Dory. They never fail to entertain!

    "Do these jogging pants make me look fat?" Dory turned trying to look at his bum.

    "Babe, you have no butt," Cedric hated to remind him that he (Cedric) had enough butt for the both of them. Still, he felt weird in a tracksuit. "Should we change outfits?"

    I love how they meet up with the rest of the crew, including Alfie and Gage, for basketball. 🖤🏀🖤🏀🖤🏀

    ReplyDelete