Saturday, March 30, 2024

We've often been told to keep up with the times



 "This just can't be happening," Axton sighed after he got off the phone. He was ready for work with his spring coat on and his backpack ready, yet not.

"What happened?" Chili wanted to know. It was still dark despite the time change.

"I'm on leave, at the moment." Axton pressed his lips tight. This was all he needed. "I don't even know what I did that was so wrong." He told her he always followed the protocol at work. He took online classes, and went to classroom management meetings. "Somebody didn't  like how I handled a situation, evidently."

"Someone?" Chili looked at him blankly.

"Well, I guess I'm going no where at the moment." He went to unpack his lunch from his backpack and put it in the fridge.

"Are you going to be OK?" She gave him a pat on the back.

"They haven't looked at the footage, or anything. I guess it might take some time and you know, they have to call in other people to see what happened."

"But..but you weren't even alone with those preschoolers," Chili said.

"Yeap."

Axton kept himself from being aggravated, but this was the worst timing. Em's baby was due any day. He looked at the time on his phone. She was actually overdue. Nothing seemed right these days. 

"Did you need some help in the kitchen today?"

"What? You want to work for me?" She smiled.

"Why not." He nodded with a calm smile. Hopefully, he would be back at the preschool soon. It was best to keep busy.

12 comments:



  1. Dobra, co z serca do serca płynie
    I dużo pięknej wiosny wokół,
    Niechaj w radości czas ten minie,
    w miłości, która jak co roku
    nadzieję niesie, zieleń, kwiaty
    i słońce co wszystko rozjaśni!
    Niechaj w tym świętym, pięknym czasie,
    nie będzie smutków ani waśni,
    niech tylko dobro w nas rozkwita,
    jak wiosna, co Wielkanoc wita.

    Szczęśliwego, wspaniałego Czasu życzę Ci na te Święta i serdecznie pozdrawiam!

    PS Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is what goes between the misunderstandings. Someone once told me that:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pięknych Świąt Wielkiej Nocy! Dziękuję za Twoje historie

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor man... i hope that is was just some kind of misunderstanding

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice dialogue, you describe so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if Em's baby is about to be born, she's late! I'm curious to know how the story will unfold, I think you have prepared an unusual birth!!!
    I wish you a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if Em's baby is about to be born, she's late! I'm curious to know how the story will unfold, I think you have prepared an unusual birth!!!
      I wish you a happy Easter! April 3rd is when I plan to post the baby's arrival. (✿◡‿◡)

      Delete
  7. Siempre es bueno mantenerse ocupado. Te mando un beso. Felices pascuas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many uncertainties in such a decisive moment. But everything will be fine.
    X
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, trouble for Axton. I wonder what it means? 🤔❓🤔❓🤔❓

    ReplyDelete