Friday, September 20, 2024

Back to you



 "But I don't want to talk about him," Maddie said right away when Harley called to talk about Raney. After all, life was like a new chapter with Boone.

Of course, it was awkward meeting up in the livingroom ready for a real date. But it had happened and it was invigorating. Oh, she felt like dressing up now. She felt the need to hold hands where ever they went. Yes, it was a blissful September.

They'd been apple picking and movies and just the coffee shop, but it was great. And it felt so real. She was where she wanted to be.

"Please, just hear me out," Harley said about the Raney and Kimmy matter.

"I don't have time for this," Maddie was ready to silence the call and then Harley mentioned Kimmy was taking drugs.

"What kind of drugs?" This startled Maddie.

"Well, I don't think it's pot," Harley told her her cousin didn't even smell of nicotine. That's when she told Maddie her cousin's confession. "I think we need an intervention."

"Intervention?" Maddie said it should be with her cousin Kimmy not Raney.

"He just needs to get away from her," Harley said.

"Well, I can't." Maddie abruptly told her. "I won't. I don't want anything to do with him."

"But he doesn't deserve this," Harley said he needed to know about Kimmy.

"Then..then you tell him," Maddie sighed. "Didn't he go back to art school?"

"His mom has been in the hospital again," Harley knew.

Maddie pressed her lips tight. She felt bad for Raney, but not that bad.

"I'm sorry," Maddie said with the slightest regret. Sure, she felt sad for Raney, but this would not be her battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment