Thursday, June 5, 2008

chances are

Dear Diary,

This could be the worst idea possible. Us. Eric and me. Dating. I'm not going to set myself up to get hurt. I won't. But then again if I keep thinking this way, whats the point of this experiment. Even though, Eric didn't say that. He just thinks I need a real boyfriend. That's what I think, anyway.

Just how real does he mean? Crazy, huh? Me and a so-called gay guy. OK, he insist he's not. And I know things aren't all black and white. A lot of things in this world are shades of gray, I'm beginning to think.

By the looks of things, we are all we have this summer. Practically. Cory is off to the beach and then music camp. Kyle is pretty much avoiding me only he keeps showing up here to help my Dad with the chickens. Yes, they are laying eggs. Who would have thunk it?

Leia stopped by the house other day. She's going to Hawaii to visit some relatives. I guess it was her attempt to make up. Maybe. She told me the whole thing about Nick was her Dad's idea. That she didn't want too. She says she's made some bad choices, lately. I have her address. I promised I'd write or e-mail or something. I'm not sure if we can ever be close again. I just can't have her running my life. She said she wouldn't. Can't say we cleared everything up.
It might take me a while to warm up to the idea that we might could be friends, again.

No, I have not forgotten the Rex mistake. It still hangs on to me in just about everything I do. Its not that I think so much of him. Its me. I want to trust me. I just want things to be normal. I want to be calm. I want to be me. But it that who I really am?

Anyway, summer vacation is here. No summer job in sight. Gas prices are soaring. I'm going to have to be more thrifty than every. No vacation planned here. I'm going to try to make the best of it.

I hope this isn't a bad idea seeing Eric. I would have seen him. He's the only guy I know who has a car. Of course, I wouldn't have made him drive me places, constantly. He is fun. We are friends. I just don't know how I feel about him, anymore.

Later,

L

8 comments:

  1. poor ellie... i wish the best for her. she's lost about everyone there is to lose, but i don't know if she can be real friends with kyle or leia again. after what happened...

    and i'm not at all sure if ellie and eric dating is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. E & E . . . interesting combo. I think I like Eric more than Kyle, but that's just me.

    Hawaii, huh? Hope Leia doesn't wind up like Stefanie . . . sorry. That was just the first thing I thought of when I read "Hawaii." LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. luv luv luv it thanx for checking out my blog but yours is waaaaaaaay better i started a story one too cause i liked yours but it will never be as good as yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric and Ellie, huh? I'd have 2 say i would choose Kyle over Eric, but it seems Kyle and Ellie dont make much contact these days. And Rex? I'm sure he'll show up some day...
    XOXO Buh-Laire :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhh hes BI!
    i gotcha
    interesting
    im excited to see where this goes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh...i'm catching on now...i'll post your tag soon...promise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo, you finished your octopus? Very cool. I wonder what it looks like.

    Maybe I'm self aware and maybe I'm not. I seem to have a different perspective of myself than what other people have. LOL.

    As a great poet once said, "Oh, to see ourselves as others see us" . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have a feeling leia will return from hawaii - not exactly transformed, but different ^^

    ReplyDelete