Monday, August 25, 2008

lunch

Lunch was a dud. No Eric. It just wasn't fair. His lunch was earlier and hers was later. Kyle wasn't around, either. His lunch was even later. So she had to spend it with Roxie. It was highly unlikely, this would happen tomorrow. Ellie hoped not, anyway.

"So do you really like any of your classes?" Roxie snarled at her fries.

Ellie looked around hoping to find someone she knew or at least vaguely knew, but there was just too much chatter to distinguish anyone really.

"Of course, I do." Ellie didn't know why Roxie was already down. It was just the first day of school.

"I hate school," Roxie told Ellie.

"And?" That really wasn't news to Ellie. Roxie had a history of skipping school.

"I'm just saying, this year is no different from any other year, except there's Kyle." She looked a bit sad about it.

"Kyle?"

"Yeah, I told him I'd try, at least this year for him. And I know he'd bummed out that's he's a freshman and I'm basically a sophomore. Since I didn't pass everything this past year."

"At this rate, maybe you two will graduate together." Ellie shrugged downing her white milk. She was sure this was the wrong thing to drink. Dairy gave her tummy troubles if she didn't watch it. She wasn't watching it today. It felt like the only thing she could handle in the food department.

"Thanks for the upside on that," Roxie rolled her eyes, "So whats got your panties in such a wad?"

"What?"

"You aren't always this stuck up, or is that the new you?" Roxie gave her a dead stare.

"Well, its like we're automatic friends somehow, and I don't see how, after everything you've done to me," Ellie couldn't believe she was saying this out loud. It was like she was on drugs or something, but she wasn't holding back.

"What I've done to you?" This cracked Roxie up. "Get over yourself," she shrugged. "You don't even know how fuck'n great your life is, and you sit here sulking cause you have to sit across from me."

"No, that has nothing to do with it," Ellie said. "Do you ever have this feeling that something is going to go wrong. And you don't know when, but it is and it doesn't matter if you even know. Its going to ruin everything. And you can't stop it."

"Been there done that," Roxie kept staring at Ellie as if she was ready to breakdown, anytime. "Several times, in fact." Roxie got up then and left Ellie alone. It was a naked a feeling. Ellie felt a chill come around her. What could possibly go wrong, now?

9 comments:

  1. It sounds like Ellies better off by herself than with Roxie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah, agreed with sharon. i don't like roxie and i would probably hit her if i was ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( aww! I saw this coming, I have to admit I have felt an impending sense of doom hovering over poor Ellie! :(

    excellent update! That B roxie, she is the one who needs to get over herself!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooooooo ellie might have just screwed things up with roxie

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the near last line, :

    it was a naked feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellie is brave.She said what she was feeling to Roxie,even beeing alone in the end.

    ^^

    Love your dialogues!

    I have some new write on my blog!

    Kissessssss

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, as expected, the convo would end like that. tsk. poor ellie. pfft @ roxie. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like roxie and ellie together...

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, I officially don't really like Roxie. I feel like she's going to turn her the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete