Thursday, October 30, 2008

from Eric's notebook

So much for romance, lately. OK, so much for sex, lately. Actually.

I knew this was going to happen. No, we have not broken up. Not yet, anyway.

And how come they made it sound as if it would only be weekends I'd be working? I've been working every freaking night, lately. Yes, I know I have to be happy to have the money. Mum keeps reminding me.

Actually, I kind of miss Ian. Even my Dad. Guess, they are in Canada. They haven't called. I guess I shouldn't expect them too. Although, he said he'd be in touch. I'm not saying everything is perfect with my Dad and me. It never will be. I just don't hate him as much as I did. Its just I know how he is. How I'm trying not to be.

Ellie's sister had her boys, Hunter and Tristan. Ellie did see them. I guess all is well. Her sister did get to bring them home from the hospital so that's a good sign. Ellie hasn't talked about them much. Maybe she doesn't think I want to hear about them, but I do.

BUT THEN.....

Its just at work....now I have to put up with this girl, Penelope. Doesn't that sound like a problem within its self? It doesn't help that she has to play around with my tie everytime she sees me. Ugh. I can't stand her. She's not my type(Ellie is my only type), but it seems they've teamed me up with her to teach me the ropes. As it is, I just bag groceries. She's the cashier. Its quite pathetic. Yet, she makes the hours go by fast. All silly for the most part.

She does have a boyfriend. She told me he has a form of autism, aspergers syndrome. How can she be with someone who lacks in social skills? Isn't there a law against that sort of thing? Honestly, I think she'd be perfect for Kyle. But she seems so certain that Steve is her one and only.

"I'm the only one who can stand him," she told me. "He's not that evil."

And she wants us to all go out on Halloween. I don't want too. I don't want to meet this evil Steve. Naturally, Ellie said we would. She wants to meet him. She loves a challenge. Naturally. I suppose it could be worse. A night out with Dylan and Cory with Kyle tagging along. I swear he's high all the time now.

I haven't talked to Ellie about him. You know, how he is at home. I don't think she sees him much since she's either working or doing homework. And then there is that babysitting gig we're juggling between the both of us.

I swear, this is going to get old. We're getting old. But I suppose this outing with Penelope and Steve will be something new. But on Halloween. Couldn't we go out some other time? I really just want Ellie to myself. I'm selfish like that.

10 comments:

  1. Hi there-hope it all goes well with Penelope and Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you end up having a good Halloween :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best on lots of Halloween fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Oh no! They can't break up!!!
    Did you mean ELLIE and ERIC???

    But I'm happy that Eric misses his dad and Ian - because that means he enjoyed the time with them.

    Egh, Penelope! Playing around with Eric's tie - that's the sort of girl I detest. But maybe she's socially gifted, if she manages to be with a boy who has autism.
    Let's see what they do on Halloween.

    I hate that feeling of getting old that Eric has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep liking Eric more the more I read these. Good stuff. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting for real. I like Eric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm, I hope Ellie and Eric won't break up. I don't think they will, though, because even though Eric says they're getting old or don't have much romance lately, he's obviously still crazy about her. Which is a good thing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha. i should have said my previous comment here.

    eric has a lot of good stuff in his head now. i like it.

    ReplyDelete