Thursday, November 20, 2008

fine

Ellie handed over his assignments to him when she got home from school.

"Thanks," Kyle took them. "Really, you didn't have too." He didn't do homework, actually.

"Yeah, well, Joan told me I had too." She gave him a look that she wouldn't have otherwise gotten the assigment if it hadn't been for his mother.

"Where's Eric?" Kyle looked around for him in her room.

"He had stuff to do, we can't be together every waking moment, you know." She was in a huff.

"What happened?" He looked at her as if she better spill it.

"Nothing." She shrugged.

"Sure." He rolled his eyes. "You fall out of infatuation with him or something?"

"No." She was bitter though and trapezed off to her room. Kyle tossed his books on his bed and followed her.

"What is it? What did he do?" Kyle plopped himself in the center of her bed and let all her little crocheted animals come at him like kittens ready to be held.

"Its, its that Penelope, I think she likes him." Ellie sat down at her laptop to check her e-mail.

"Well, it doesn't mean that he likes her," Kyle told her. "You have to stop being jealous."

"I'm not jealous."

"If you say so," but Kyle didn't believe it for a second because once Ellie got an inkling of jealousy..she was the one who'd go for anyone who might spark her interest. This would mean trouble, but he wasn't going to say it. It would do no good. She'd have to figure out her own regrets, but what if she never changed. What if she was always like this? "Look, you know, if you two are still together by the weekend, you think uh, we could all see Twilight together."

"You want to see Twilight?" Ellie looked at him as if he'd lost it.

"Yeah," Kyle remembered seeing the whole Twilight series in Amanda's room. "I thought maybe I could ask my girlfriend. You know, it could be a double something."

"You have a girlfriend?" Ellie crossed her arms and gave him a sly look. "That redhead?"

"Strawberry blond." He preferred.

"Whatever." Ellie rolled her eyes and went back to tapping away on her laptop.

"I think she likes me." Kyle told her.

"OK. I don't care." She just said.

"Well, thanks, I don't care what happens with you and Eric. Who cares if you fuck up the best thing you ever had." Kyle told her then and left with one of her little lions. He tossed it back on the bed.

Sometimes, Ellie was no help at all.

7 comments:

  1. she does care!
    ellie has turned into a little bitch.
    but i still love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. strawberry blond..hehee..what a guy. Ellie qualm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just when I think I understand Ellie, she confuses me. And strawberry blonde is one of those descriptions that always makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, finally another scene with Ellie!
    Haha, I'm like Kyle - I don't do homework either ^^
    Arh, I can understand Ellie. I would be a little jealous too if someone liked my boyfriend - but on the other hand, it just proves again what a great guy Eric is, if Penelope likes him too! And Kyle is right, it doesn't mean HE likes HER. But I'm a girl, I understand Ellie.
    Wow, Kyle wants to see Twilight? I wouldn't have expected that. - Oh, Amanda. I could've guessed she was behind it all.
    And strangely, I've always imagined Amanda being brunette.
    How bitchy of Ellie to say "I don't care" when Kyle was telling her of his love life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there-hope Ellie is only huffy because of Penelope, Kyle seemed to be making an effort to get on with her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't like the way ellie acts here. hmf. lol.

    i like the "strawberry blonde". haha.

    ReplyDelete