Saturday, November 8, 2008

more than music

Thank God, they finally took a breather, and Kyle saw Amanda in the kitchen cleaning up.

"Hey," Kyle hadn't expected her to be doing housework.

"What?" She snapped as if she hated everything.

"Nothing." He so wanted to help, but he wouldn't have been sure where to start. "So."

"So what?" This conversation was dead in the water.

"So what did you think of Nick?" He couldn't take his eyes off her. even if she was wearing her black rimmed glasses and that had to be the most non-sexy outfit ever.

"Nick?"

"Look, I'm really sorry about at the show and sticking Rory with Derrick," he started in about what was really making her sore. "Its just I didn't-"

"I don't even remember her," She said rather tired. "My Mom is in the hospital."

"She is?" So he was definitely not on her mind. Never would be. He felt awful for even thinking it. "Sorry. Well, maybe we should stop playing, and you know-"

"No, it gets Derrick's mind off-" She gave him a deep sigh.

"I could clean up, if you want."

"Just go have fun with my brother, will you?" She was wiping down the counter then.

Kyle nodded.

"I don't guess you're mad at me." Kyle sighed.

"Of course, I am." She turned away.

"Well, maybe I could make it up to you, you know." Kyle wasn't sure what to do. "You want to see We The Kings, with me?"

"When?"

"Its a Monday night show, but-" Kyle started. "I'll get the tickets. Its just, you'd have to drive."

"All right," Amanda looked at him then. "My mother should be home by then."

"Good." Kyle couldn't help but smile. Maybe he would get the girl, after all, or maybe they'd just be friends.

6 comments:

  1. I liked this post a lot. Oh and thanks for taking your time to tell me about the characters i hope you can find a cory and dylan soon. I know how hard it can be to find people for characters so just hang in there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that she wasn't all sexy in this scene..and maybe he'll know her for who she really is. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am going to try hard and take your advice :)

    ReplyDelete