Wednesday, January 14, 2009

in or out

"Are you sure that's what this is all about?" Cory sighed, looking the flyer over. "I just want to be myself. All right. With you. I don't want to-"

"Are you talking to Eric?" Roger started to fidget.

"I guess." Cory couldn't help but rub Roger's back a little.

"He better apologize." Roger nodded.

"I'm not going to ask for one," Cory said. "Its up to him. And I'm not going to worry about it. He'd been drinking."

"He knew what he was doing," Roger nodded again. "He's jealous."

"Of you?"

"Of something." Roger flinched.

"He's not." Cory shook his head.

"How do you know? What if he still-"

"He doesn't." Cory's eyes lit.

"I'm going to have to go to that meeting without you, aren't I?" Roger looked at him.

"No." Cory closed his eyes. "I'll go. I'm not afraid what people will think of me or us."

"You're a chicken shit." Roger laughed. "You know it, too. Deep down you are."

Cory remained even lipped. "This isn't going to cost anything, is it?"

8 comments:

  1. Hi there-Cory shouldn't worry so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm... wait, I'm lost. I have to read a few previous chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, okay.
    I'm sure everything will turn out just fine - I hope so.
    Cory should be more confident, he's such a good person. It breaks my heart to see him so unsure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, it'll be good.
    it'll be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cory and Roger..they'll make a good team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This'll be interesting to see where it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cory & roger?

    honestly, i never would have thought...

    ReplyDelete