Friday, February 27, 2009

the heart of the matter

"Should I be here?" Amanda was worried. She thought she might never see Kyle. It felt wrong to be here. "I could call my brother or something." Ellie hadn't even came home. She kept hoping she would. Amanda had a good mind to call her, but she didn't. No, she'd wait until Ellie called her. But Amanda was doubting she would.

"No, its still snowing. Its still bad. You'll be OK." Kyle looked sort of out of it. She knew he was tired.

"Are you OK?" She'd been asleep, but now she was wide awake.

He just nodded.

"I don't believe you," Amanda frowned, waiting for him to say something. "What did your mom say about me?"

"Nothing." Kyle lightly smile. "She likes you. She does." But he looked like he might throw up.

"Then what is it?" Amanda winced putting her arm around him as if that was all she could do.

"Well," he sighed deeply. "I- she lied to me." His tense eyes swelled in tears. "You know, you think you know the truth about everything, but you don't."

"What are you talking about?" Amanda touched his messy hair then. "You can tell me."

"Its hard," he nodded. "I always thought my Dad was a drunk. No good for nothing, and I know he complained a lot. And they fussed about me. A lot." Kyle wouldn't look at her. " But, he's not my Dad, after all." His nose watered. "It seems my real dad wants to know me now." He gulped. Squinting his eyes tight to keep from crying. "All because of you."

"Me?"

"Yeah, it seems he's your doctor. Your OBGYN." Kyle pressed his lips tight.

"What?" Amanda blinked. "Dr. Foster?" Amanda just stared at him that that was impossible.

Kyle nodded.

"Well?" Amanda wasn't sure what to ask. "Are you going to be OK?"

"I guess."

She held his hand then.

"What are you going to do?" Amanda kept watching him.

"God, I'm so tired I can't even think." Kyle let out a deep breath. He shook his head, and she drew him in, just to hold him close. Just to be there for him.

11 comments:

  1. cool. I havent read this is awhile. To tell the truth even missing one post throws me off. It can be kinda confusing. But I guess i hould just backtrack???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    I certainly wasn't expecting that to happen!

    That is so cool, I have to admit ^^ Some more drama comin' up... hm, love it.

    Have a nice weekend Ellie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And btw, forgot to add:
    I love this title <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel bad for Kyle that he'd find something out like this. I'm glad Amanda is there for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!
    I love this layout!
    That header... wow. I've just been to Cait's blog, you two really worked it out this month :) It's beautiful, Ellie.

    And thank you on your note. It's Spring Blog Cleaning Season :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, really? It's such a nice shot! And it looks beautiful with all that snow and sunlight.
    I strongly encourage you to take more pictures. You're real good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its like orange sherbert or something..yum..and I like the header too.

    Poor Kyle. I'm glad Amanda is there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. Dr. Foster. Freaky.

    Love the new header & color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This woke me up. Wooooooo..about Kyle, too.

    ReplyDelete