Saturday, February 28, 2009

ohohoh


Ellie couldn't find her bra. Where had they all gone?

She found the one that felt like it was made of cast iron when she wore it. She tossed it in the bathroom trash. She hated that thing. It was black and very sexy, but the lace just ate in to her skin. It gave Ellie the shivers.

She stood there looking at it as if she killed something. Then she thought of Elliot. Perhaps that was long gone too.

It was good to be back with Eric. He was great. Wasn't he? Always?

Ellie checked her face out in the bathroom mirror. There was a pimple coming. She could sense it. Possibly more like the notion that Elliot might call, again. Didn't he get the hint that she didn't want to hear from him? Hadn't he done that to tons of girls, already? She'd heard rumor of it. Really, she did know how he was. People talked at work. Especially Amber. Maybe he deserved it. A smile slipped as she looked at herself. Maybe she'd done this for every girl who had waited by the phone, hoping for call from him..when he never called. But he was calling her.

She went down stairs quickly to the laundry room as if she had her second wind. Possibly her favorite blue bra was in the laundry. Why was this bothering her so? Maybe the fact she'd just worn undershirts and bulky sweaters all week, and her Dad was out of town so he wasn't there to notice. She could so go without one, really. She felt tied down in one. She didn't feel like being tied down at the moment.

Naturally, Kyle was putting in wet laundry in the dryer.

"You haven't seen my bra, have you?"

"Hum, I like to keep one under my pillow," he just shrugged.

"Seriously?" She looked at him as if she just might kick him if he didn't tell her the truth.

"No, I have not seen any bra around," He went on with his laundry.

"Well, you don't have to be so angry about it?" She hugged herself thinking he was probably looking at her tits in her ribbed undershirt now. But he wasn't.

"I'm not-" he started but drew in a breath.

Just then the doorbell rang. Kyle looked at her as if she better go answer it.

Ellie just sighed tossing her thick hair over her shoulder and ran to the door in her gray yoga pants barefooted.

It was Elliot.

She looked startled, thinking he was the last person she expected to see.

"What are you doing here?" It was cold so she had to let him in.

He gave her a kiss as if nothing was out of the ordinary, and she knew he meant it too.

"Oh, I dunno, is something wrong with your cell?"

"Maybe I forgot to charge it up or something." She found herself in a lie, sort of. Only she was charging it up.

"You forgot this." He handed her her blue bra all rolled into a ball.

She almost laughed. "I was wondering what happened to that."

"Really?" he looked at her seriously. "Can we sit down and talk or something?"

"Sure." She stepped back and showed him to the sofa in the livingroom.

It was cozy sitting there next to him. His knee touching hers. Ellie hadn't thought it would be this way.

"I just want to figure this out," Elliot said.

"Figure what out?" Ellie tensed a bit then.

"You, and me, us."

"I don't know if there's anything to figure out, is there?" She winced.

"What the hell was that? that on Valentines day?" He squinted then. "It was all so fast and furious, you know."

"Well, we only had like a good fifteen minutes, you know." Not that she was counting, but it was enough.

"Did somebody pay you?" He looked at her then.

"What?" Ellie blinked. "Jesus, no." She hugged herself then.

"You're not like that," Elliot informed her.

"I'm not?" Ellie didn't know where this was going. She didn't know if she could look at him, but his hand gently came across her cheek and he was so close. So sincere. He French kissed her as she remembered that very first time when she was in his bathroom floor. Ellie knew she should pull away, but she didn't. It was as if it should be.

8 comments:

  1. cool..about the snow. oh my, what has Ellie got herself into?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course Elliot would have it . . .
    Geez.

    I like that picture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO!
    so... so...
    eric or elliot?

    the question remains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey what's wrong with keeping your bra under your pillow? lol jk

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only finding bras were that easy...

    I do not like this Elliot fellow. I'm getting a bad vibe from him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my...what other problems could happen?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that one of your pictures? It is so wonderful ^^ Could I save it in my computer and use it as my screensaver?

    I like the relationship that Ellie and Kyle have developed, they even sound like blood siblings ^^ Hope Kyle is doing OK.
    Oh, Elliot... I wish he wouldn't give away so many mixed signs - I haven't figured him out yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah. Fed-ex guy creeps me out.

    I'm not sure what I'll have Jamie do. Still thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete