Sunday, March 1, 2009

in another universe




"I really don't know what's going on," Kyle was in the laundry room on his cell sitting on the dryer. It was so warm and toasty and here he was chatting with Nick.

"God, I never see you, man," Nick then said.

"I'm not really that hard to find." Kyle looked half asleep.

"I don't want to bother you, you know, when you're busy at the theater and all." Nick told him.

"Look, I'm the last person you should be asking about Ellie. I know nothing," he sighed.

"But you said Elliot's over?"

"Yeah." Kyle wanted to say it looked pretty hot and heavy, but he didn't. He didn't want it to get back to Eric. "He's here. You want to talk to him."

"You know I don't know him. I would never talk to him." Nick told him.

"Of course not." Kyle shrugged. "So what's up?"

"I'm just not sure how you'd feel about this," Nick said.

"About what?" The dryer buzzer went off and Kyle hopped off the dryer to check his clothes. He was happy they were hot. He would have loved to climbed in the dryer and had a nap.

"Kelsey."

"Kelsey?"

"Yeah, um I'm kind of seeing her." Nick croaked.

"Kind of?"

"Its not official, you know. Just friend stuff. Actually. I'd like to- but I don't want to make you mad." Nick confessed.

"What's there to be mad about? Really? She broke up with me like forever ago. She dated Caleb."

"Where is that dude, anyway?"

"He moved away." Kyle told him. "I think he's in Virginia."

"But you don't mind?" Nick asked. "You know, if I ask her out?"

"No, you're a good guy. You're a good friend." Kyle sighed.

"So what are you doing today?" Nick asked.

"Gonna see my Dad. Have dinner," Kyle yawned. "It'll be a blast." There was a cynical tone in his voice, hopefully Nick didn't notice.

8 comments:

  1. Hi there-I think Kyle has other things on his mind, and as for Ellie............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Nick and Kelsey in a long time, hope this is a good thing ^^

    I forgot to tell you, I did not get to see The Uninvited... because I'm not even sure if it'll be in theatres in Portugal. Oh well... It's a shame, I like the thriller genre and I liked Emily Browning in Lemony Snicket's. I'll probably rent it when it gets to DVD :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick. That was nice of him to ask Kyle. Nick & Kelsey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, so much to catch up on... First off, great new design on your blog!

    First: That was such a surprise!! Dr. Foster is Kyle's real dad! So that was the thing. What a shock for poor Kyle to find out!

    About the chapter on Elliot: Wasn't Kyle Ellie's first boyfriend? or didn't that count as a proper relationship? But I think it's very sweet of Ellie to want her first boyfriend to last forever.

    I absolutely love the picture in the post before this. Yeah, very sexy bras can be very uncomfortable. Heheh. And Ellie seems to be... well, an exception with Elliot! The one girl who he wants to call doesn't want a call from him. Oh, Kyle's comment on the bra was so... BROTHER-like ^^ Annoying little brother-like. ^^ Oh! I expect Ellie isn't too happy to be seeing Elliot without her bra ^^ And... Elliot wants to talk? I'm intrigued. Oh noooooO! Now she is all right with Eric again, Elliot messes everything up again!!!

    Okay, now on to this chapter! Sitting in the laundry room telephoning must be comfortable.
    Nick really is a good friend. And... Which dad does Eric mean? The one he thought was his dad or Dr. Foster?

    By the way, my post with the award and the paragraph about you is up now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely, it'll be intersting to find out more of Kelsey. Good to see Nick with someone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always a touchy situation when dating a friend's ex. lol I know I'd feel wierd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Is it okay with you?" LOL.

    Ah, Kyle. I've actually never been a big Kyle fan, but I feel sorry for him right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. its nice to hear about nick again:)

    ReplyDelete