Tuesday, May 5, 2009

home sweet home

Kyle got the call from Elliot. Naturally, he ignored it. He was home with Amanda rubbing her tired feet. Next thing he knew the doorbell was ringing.

"Wonder who that could be?" He walked toward the door.

They'd just got back from breakfast. They'd endured after prom, all for those silly prizes. At least Amanda got a gift certificate to Hollywood video.

Kyle should have known it was Elliot.

"Is she here?" He sounded frantic.

"No, I don't think so." Kyle shrugged.

"You don't know?" Elliot raced up the stairs and found Ellie's empty bedroom.

"Where is she?" He came back down the stairs.

"Dude, I really don't know." Kyle shook his head.

"I've left her messages. She won't pick up. I don't get it." Elliot looked worried.

"She's just out, you know. I'm sure she's OK." Kyle nodded.

"I should have heard from her by now." He pressed his lips tight as if he might be in pain.

"I hardly saw her at the Prom. OK. I think she was there, but I don't know how long. She was with this guy who used to live around here. You know, they went to middle school together. Maybe they just lost track of time."

"You don't think anything bad would happen, do you?" Elliot stared at Kyle then.

"Probably not. She doesn't even like the dude." Kyle grinned then.

"I just think her parents should know, whats going on, just in case-"

"I know, I'm with you on that." Kyle nodded

"God, I hope nothing happened to her. If she could just call, you know." Elliot looked as if he might cry."

"I understand. I'll make a few calls. I'll let Ellie Dad know. OK." Kyle gave Elliot a pat on the back before he lost it.

"Could - I, you know, maybe hang out with you guys, for a while?" Elliot then asked.

"Sure, why not," Kyle said as they came into the livingroom and Amanda set up, staring at him. Kyle sat down then and called Roger.

4 comments: