Monday, June 15, 2009

the boyfriend

Lon couldn't stop smiling. So he was her boyfriend. It hadn't came up until now. But it felt nice. He hadn't heard that term in quite while. Actually.

"So?" He wanted to say something, but what? "Does this mean what I think it means?"

"What do you want it to mean?" She smirked.

"You know," He kept staring at her with his hands in his back pockets. "You said I was your boyfriend?"

"Did I?" She pressed her lips together as if she didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but she couldn't help but smile.

Lon nodded and plopped himself down on the couch. She sat down next to him after his little invite. One arm stretched out, ready to cuddle. Ellie had the folder with her that she hadn't let get away during the evening. It had seemed important, but she hadn't spoken of it.

"We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," Lon winced a little about the whole boyfriend thing. He tugged the folder from her. "What's this?"

"Work." She sighed.

He took a look then.

"That's some lovely handwriting. Spanish?" He squinted.

"Its a novel."

"Woe." He sighed.

"Yeah, Lydia wants it typed up on her old typewriter." She looked at the pages. "I've never used a type writer before. And its..its horrible looking."

"Then don't." Lon looked at Ellie.

"Yeah, I'm not even going to tell her I'm going to save it on my lap top." She looked sad about it. "I don't have time for this. She has all these other things she has in mind too. She wants her office in some sort of order. Like a library, I guess."

"You want me to do it?"

"You would type this into my laptop?"

"Yeah, why not." He touched her hair then and smiled. "I know a little something about Spanish, and I'm fast enough."

"Really?" He liked to see that look on her face. She was happy. He couldn't resist to kiss her then. After all, he was glad he could help.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, I liked the beginning when he asked if he was her boyfriend, that was cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, this is a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! They're official now :) Love it, hope everything goes well for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well I hope your day gets better:) and yeah i heard the hangover was good:)

    ReplyDelete