Monday, September 28, 2009

just not old friends

Was that what Ellie thought it was on Amanda's finger? An engagement ring? She looked at Elliot who was so low-key that she didn't believe it was him. Only it was, who was with Amanda every step of the way, Ellie was in a state of shock.

"Were you not going to tell me?" They'd lost touch since Amanda moved in with Elliot. They never talked anymore. Granted they both had a lot going on with college and stuff, but still. Engaged? Ellie was furious.

"I was," Amanda looked a little out of it. A little peaked, perhaps. She didn't look well. Skinnier than Ellie remembered. "Its Rosie's birthday." Amanda hugged herself as she sat down on Ellie's bed while Ellie changed Charlie's pamper.

"Are you all right?" Ellie looked at her.

"Yes!" Amanda scowled. "Why does everyone keep asking me that?"

"Kyle says you never see Rosie, anymore." Ellie reminded her.

"I do too." Amanda bit back angrily.

"Well, maybe he feels you don't want her anymore." Ellie told her.

"I do." She gritted. "Its just right now, I've got so much to do and, you know."

"All right. But talk to me. Don't-don't think I hate you or anything that you're with Elliot, you know, I just want you to be happy, and... I want you to- God, its just, I always looked up to you and Kyle and what you went through to have Rosie. I just thought you'd always be together."

Amanda just nodded.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I-" She shook her head and she started to cry. "Maybe this time I'll know what to do and really, it'll be better. I know I'm doing the right thing."

"What are you doing?" Ellie winced. "Why are you doing this with Elliot?"

"Well, why do you want to be a mother to a kid you don't even know. Really?" Amanda said so negative.

She didn't wait for Ellie's answer who looked at Charlie, who was the sweetest thing ever. Ellie would have said something bitter to Amanda, but she didn't. Charlie wouldn't let her. He had that sort of affect on her.

4 comments:

  1. loving the story till now.
    i like charlie. theres just something about him.

    the pictures of your charecters... did you take them from a specific site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Amanda..what has happened to her?

    ReplyDelete