Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas wrappings

Olivia was surprised things turned out as lovely as they did for Thanksgiving with Roger and his Mom's family.

1. his dad had decided to go to his new girlfriend's Thanksgiving which pretty much pissed Roger off.
2. he had really been sweet lately which she hadn't expected. she'd even told him she was adopted, and he seemed so sad about that even though she told him not to be. it was nice to have him on her side even if he was pretty bitter with her parents.

So they'd made the best of Thanksgiving with his Mom and her step-daughter and his new baby brother. He even stayed home with the baby while Olivia and his mom and step-sister went shopping on Friday morning. She hadn't had this much fun in a long time. It was exhausting yet exhilarating to go Christmas shopping with them in the middle of the night.

"I really like them." She told him on the drive home. "It really feels like, I don't know, girls night out when I'm with them. Without the drinking." She did get along with Roger's Mom, so well. She was easy to talk to. Full of laughter. A lot like Roger. "I hope it wasn't that bad for you."

"I'm getting used to it." He was somber though, but decided he'd drive back which shocked her.

"Well, thank you." Olivia smiled. "Thank you for putting up with me." She sighed feeling perhaps they were closer.

"You really don't have to thank me. We know who you really have to put up with." He looked over at her.

"I just hope you can trust me." She nodded.

"I do. Really. Believe me, you've trusted me when I doubted no one else would." He was serious.

Olivia nodded.

"I think Ellie's moving in with Lon," Roger said.

"Yeah." She understood.

"We have to start thinking about finding a new roomie." He looked at her out of the corner of his eye.

"Not Bridget and Ravi?" She looked at him.

"Ravi's really OK." He was good with Ravi.

"I dunno about Bridget." Olivia winced. She had nothing in common with her. "Maybe we could just wait, you know, until after Christmas to think about roommates."

"Maybe." He shrugged, but she knew his Dad would be wanting him to find someone. Soon.

7 comments:

  1. who would move in to roger's? Intersting.

    Glad they are on the mend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, makes me wonder..what's in store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw..I'm glad they are back in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there-its good they both seem settled with each other now. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! They need to be together on getting a new roommate or two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what a new roommate will bring...

    ReplyDelete