Sunday, August 8, 2010

down to this

Kip had decided. He was staying.

"First, I'll have to sub-lit my apartment." Kip told Liz.

"You can do that?" She winced as if she didn't want him to do something illegal.

"Yeah, I can do that. My cousin just graduated college. She could take it. She was going to move in, anyway. Maybe she can get a roommate, you know."

"Oh." Liz looked a little surprised as she sat next to him on the futon.

"Then we could find a bigger place. I mean, I'd have to find a job first." He'd been on a couple of job interviews. He knew it was kind of late in the season to be a high school guidance counselor, but he could only hope something might turn up. Then there were the prisons, he could look into. Although, he really didn't want too. But it might come to that.

"Yeah, we could always save money, you know. Its just the two of us." Liz told him.

"Right. Just the two of us." He smiled.

"And I have my job." She smiled.

"Yeah, you've got a great job." Kip shrugged, not even knowing what she actually did. Really, he just wanted to put this Syd thing behind him for good. And yet here he was where she was. "Look, I hope you don't think I'm here just because, you know, of Syd." He sighed then, pushing his fingers through her long hair. "I mean, I plan on staying as far from her, as I can."

"Of course." Liz just glared at him as if she hadn't thought of Syd once even if there were still sugar cookies left from her and Olivia's visit. All Kip could think of was his future with Liz. Not with anyone else. As it was, he had to wonder if Liz was really up for this. They'd handled a road-trip together. His mother and family. Now it was just the two of them. The final challenge.

11 comments:

  1. i love the color combination of the room.
    It has been 1 month and 4 days since my last post. I've been so busy with school and I really miss the blog world. Luckily, I have a little time to drop by and read some posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Final challenge. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz is quite difficult isn't she? I hope it turns out for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Liz is serious with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I look at the picture, I start to think how girly her place must be. Maybe. Probably not though. Perhaps its Kip who would love pink. He heee....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Despite the fact that Liz can be...hard to handle at times; I can't help but to like her character!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kip seems to be really genuine about this. Hope it goes OK.

    ReplyDelete