Monday, November 1, 2010

just another trick or treat


"Are you sure taking Rosie to a haunted house is the best idea you could think of?" Kyle wasn't sold on this Haunted House idea. It was a mecca for teenagers, not young parents with babies. He yawned. He was tired from the trick or treating. He and Elliot had gone out with Rosie while the girls stayed home and handed out candy.

"I never got to do this stuff when I was growing up." Elliot informed Kyle.

"Not even trick or treating?" Kyle sighed, knowing it wasn't all that long ago when he used to pull pranks during Halloween.

"Of course not. My mom was sure it would all be full of razor blades or whatever." Elliot shrugged as they made their way home. Kyle held a sleepy Rosie while  Elliot carried a plastic pumpkin bucket of candy. "I was just hoping I could get Derrick to go with us. I told him you were coming."

"He's kind of been mad at me since the whole band thing this summer." Kyle wasn't sure what was up with Derrick, but he hadn't heard from him in weeks.

"I'm just afraid its a matter of time before he ends up in juviee. Even Dan was scaring him with Boystown. I didn't think he was that bad." Elliot told Kyle. "I don't know what to say or do. I mean, I was basically a pretty good kid."

"Maybe he's just trying to put on a bad ass act." Kyle didn't think Derrick could be that much trouble.

Just about then they heard sirens wailing and lights flashing nearby, heading downtown.

"God, somebody would have to make Halloween miserable, wouldn't they?" Elliot shook his head, and all Kyle could think about was getting Rosie to bed.

7 comments:

  1. Its interesting to see those 2 together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they find out soon what is up with Derrick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that he is giving Rosie what he never got :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they can figure Derrick out soon. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a fun read... I gotta catch up!
    Thanks for your comment! I'm following you now -- I'd love it if you wanted to follow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was really interesting to read about derrick - I love when I can hear both sides of someone (someone else's opinion and their own)

    ReplyDelete