Wednesday, March 30, 2011

beneath the skin

Kyle wasn't ready for this. But Amanda's fingers combed his hair back behind his ears. He thought she was going to kiss him out of pity, there in his Mom's kitchen.

"I'm fine." He pulled away, but she was right back as if she'd sooth this, some how with her buxom bosom in the way. "I'll be here for awhile."

He'd brought back Doyle. His Mom was with him in the guestroom.

"Rosie, is really upset." Amanda gave him a slight pout.

Kyle nodded. He still felt numb. A bit of him was glad this with Amber had happened now. Instead of later. He'd expected it. Actually. He knew she needed to experience life, but it wasn't Roger that he'd been hoping for. Kyle didn't want to keep her from being happy.

"I tried to talk to Roxie, but I dunno if..if it did anything for her mood." There her hands went. On his shoulders. Amanda was unstoppable with her hugs. "Do you think you'll get Amber back?"

"NO! I don't want her back." He didn't want Amanda being a band-aid of some sort. "Just let me go. I don't need you." He looked her in the eye then. "All right?"

She nodded and sniffed then. But she pressed against him, once more, like an old habit. He was so sure what ever she'd had once felt for him was long gone.

"What is the matter with you?" He kept his voice low. He could sense it. He didn't want too. It was more than magnet and steel. Even worse, kind of electric. He pulled away and looked at her. "Jesus! You're pregnant, aren't you?" He looked her over at arms length.

"No, I'm not." She looked hurt that he'd even suggested it.

"God, Amanda, when..when are you gonna get your life, together?" He squinted hard.

"I'd have my student teaching over, if it weren't for all those stupid snow days." Now she was getting defensive.

It was like her to blame it on the weather.

Kyle hugged himself and looked away. He didn't want to be dragged into this.

"Well, you've got Asa now. Make the best of it." Kyle was cold. He would be colder if he had too. Maybe even down right stoic.




This is my 3rd anniversary with this blog. I did age the group of characters some after the first year. When I started writing this, I got a few remarks about this serial of scenes being sort of The Secret Life of an American Teenager. I have never liked that show, nor wanted to watch it. I wanted to write about stories from life in the mid-west states where I live, here in a America. Although, I've been inspired by TV shows like Skins, instead. I'd like to take this time to anyone who might read this on going story... a very BIG THANK YOU ...for being here and encouraging me to write more.
Thanks again,
ellie

7 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for being brave enough to share your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his speech to her. & wow, what a discovery. Go, you..Congrads! & all the best to your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, happy 3 years!!! That is such a long time and good for you for remaining so committed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, Happy 3-Year Anniversary, my love! Here's to another three years (and many more) of fabulous new stories and characters thought up by you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG..3 years. Wow. Well, this is something...Amanda..pregnant??

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool. Shocker about Amanda, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still love them together!

    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete