Sunday, September 16, 2012

its happening



Willow was sure they were making way too much of a production about the wedding, but at least now it was going to be at her parents' home in the back yard. It was only a small affair.

"Well, I'm flying in my date from Italy." Lynsey informed her as they were going over the last of the menu. She'd stopped by the campus coffee shop for their brief meeting.

Willow looked at her as if only Lynsey could out do everyone.

"Am I suppose to be impressed?" Willow was beginning to think it was more to do with bugging Topher than her, perhaps. Evidently, things hadn't gone accordingly with his move into his grandmother's house. Lynsey wasn't exactly living there. "What's Topher going to say?"

"Who cares what he has to say." Lynsey shrugged as she hugged herself. "I need this. I haven't seen Ruben...in ages."

Willow nodded thinking this might mean only three months ago, or less.

"Great, I'm glad you're bringing a date." Willow did her best to be happy about this.

"I can't wait for you to meet him. He is THE SEX GOD." She sighed as if they'd all want to order one from Italy, immediately.

"Oh, who cares about my wedding." Willow shrugged. Naturally, Lynsey didn't get her sarcasm. Willow turned and rolled her eyes, she went to the counter where Dorian was working. He poured them some coffee, as if he knew exactly what she wanted.

Willow wished Lynsey could be as observant.

"Do you guys put up with this, all the time?" She whispered.

"All the time." He whispered back as if he had her figured out, too.

"Maybe Jonah will meet Ruben on the flight." Willow said after she brought the cups of coffee to the table where Lynsey was scrolling for messages on her iPhone.

"Jonah? He'll be here?" She snarled.

"Uh, yeah. He's still my brother." Willow set down.

"But I didn't think you two were talking?" Lynsey looked at her as if that was just not true.

"We made up. He's coming to the wedding. We're still trying to get his friend to come. At least, Jules' sister and his mother are flying in. Maybe they'll get the same flight." Willow was excited. Yes, she was happy this wedding was happening even if she could see her mother was not exactly that happy, but still the wedding was on schedule.

Jules & Willow

6 comments:

  1. Hope everything goes according to plan. Weddings can be so stressful sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, have I ever mentioned how much I love the name Willow ? I do so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynsey seems to be wanting to the center of attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to catchup up!! Haha. Hope the wedding goes well :)

    ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad that her mother is not so happy about the wedding...

    ReplyDelete