Saturday, March 16, 2013

Here and now

a new bed





Luc wanted to stay, but he wanted to make sure Ricki and the baby and Olivia were safe. He didn't know what else to do. It wasn't like a fight. Hardly, even a shouting match they'd left behind.

But the girls were at Olivia's place now. They could settle in. Hopefully, this mess with Ruben would blow over. Somehow.

Topher was at work. He might not come in, until two in the morning. There was a car show going on and he'd stayed around to help get the place ready for a librarian convention.

"I gotta go back. I can't just leave them alone." Luc felt uneasy.

"Please, don't go." Olivia was clingy. "I'm sorry. I don't want to be here, without you."

Luc nodded as if he understood. But everything was Ravi here. Pictures of him and her. Everywhere. No wonder she didn't want to stay in this shrine.

Ricki and the baby took the guestroom. Olivia wanted to change the sheets, but Ricki said they were fine. It was getting late. At least the baby could sleep in the stroller that made into a flat bed.

"Should I have called the police?" Luc shrugged.

"Ruben hasn't exactly done, anything wrong." Olivia shrugged.

"I hope everything settles down." Luc squeezed Olivia's hand as they sat down on Ravi and Olivia's beautiful queen sized bed. Yes, the place was a palace compared to his room.

Would she ever want to make a home here, again? Luc looked around knowing he shouldn't be here, but he wanted to be with Olivia.

6 comments:

  1. It would be awkward for Luc. Most definitely. I'm glad he's worried about Dorian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luc is good for Olivia. I hope they will get over this stumbling block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it'll be hard, but I think they are on their way to making something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete