Thursday, April 4, 2013

distracting the distraction

"God, I so need this." Josie looked at Henry as if she'd missed these moments with him.

Yes, Ian was in some sort of funk these days. She didn't know what to make of it, but he'd dropped her off and went home. It wasn't like they were breaking up nor even taking a break, but she was glad Henry could come over, after all they had a party to plan.

"We've been over all the details." He had the list in his little leather book. The dinner guests, the playlist, the game list. "Do we really need to go over it again?"

"Not really." She didn't know why she wanted him to be here in her room. It wasn't like she wanted to seduce him or anything. "I just miss...I miss talking to you." She plopped down on her bed. She was in her favorite Monster High Tee-shirt and comfy gray yogi pants now. "I mean, I really don't see much of you, with Shan around. And I don't mean to be jealous. Because I'm not jealous. I'm not." She promised as she looked up at him.

"But you and Ian? What's up?" Henry winced and finally set next to her. His shoes were off. He looked as if he could stay for awhile.

"We're fine. Everything is fine." She sighed as she looked away.

"Are you sure there isn't trouble in paradise?" His lips curled up at the end, but she shook her head, no, as she looked away.

"I'm just..remembering.." She couldn't help to be a little sad. "I remember how..how..Derrick and I used to be..such good friends..from before." She shook her head. "I miss it. I don't miss him. I don't. Its just now, I start to think, it was me. It was all me, that...broke them up." She sighed as if she were disgusted with herself. She bit her bottom lip and looked at him.

"I don't remember it that way." Henry looked at her puzzled.

Still, it was fresh on her mind, as if it came back like an open wound that wouldn't heal. She'd came between Ian and Derrick. She wondered now how life would be if she hadn't. But she didn't want to have any regrets, yet maybe she did.

8 comments:

  1. What a sad conclusion to come to. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, I think Josie is really lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling Josie doesn't know what she really wants. But I think she likes to think she's in control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sad, I hope things turn around for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its good she can tell him what's on her mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its not worth any regrets!
    xo
    MOSAMUSE

    www.MOSAMUSE.com

    ReplyDelete