Thursday, June 6, 2013

out of the blue



Camille didn't think it could happen, but Josie actually found comfort in her. Not Ian.

She'd hate to smile about it, and she didn't. Josie cried on her shoulder for a good long while when she found out about Henry in a coma.

"What if..if..he's not ever OK?" Josie mumbled on Camille's shoulder. Camille held on to her and combed Josie's dark hair with her fingers. Camille couldn't remember being this close to Josie in a good long time.

"Lets think positive. They found him before it was too late." Camille hoped, anyway.

"I don't understand. I just don't understand. That's not the Henry I know." She sobbed more. "He's so sweet, and kind, and...and everyone liked him."

"I know, Honey." Camille couldn't help but want to touch her hair, more. Josie was still her little girl. She always would be.

"I remember seeing him with that guy at the party." Josie confessed. "I should have done something then. I should have."

"What could you have done?" Camille sighed, having second thoughts about asking.

"I dunno." Josie caught her breath.

"Its not your fault." Camille assured her.

"That guy is dead now." Josie said ever so flat, without remorse.

Camille nodded, hugged. So thankful Josie was safe.

"I want to be with Henry. I want to stay with him." Josie blurted.

"Oh, Honey, I dunno if that's a good idea." Camille supposed if Josie really wanted she couldn't say no.

Camille felt her belly jiggle like jello.

"Mom?" Suddenly, Josie looked at her mother's stomach. She halfway smiled. "The baby kicked."

Josie looked at her mother as if that were a good sign. Maybe everything would be OK.. soon.

1directshipper

6 comments:

  1. They are a good crackship, but in a whole new kind of way. I hope Josie will be understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great to see them close, again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that Josie talked to her mom about this, they finally are getting a little closer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, such a sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new header!

    ReplyDelete