Friday, November 22, 2013

a lot like love

Sara and Hansen






Crosby let Hansen stay at his house. Technically, it was his grandmother's house, but she was out in California visiting an old boyfriend, and she didn't care if Hansen was there. After all, Hansen was in the works of getting the foodtruck going. Of course, this took so much longer than Daisy's dad anticipated. They'd be lucky if they got the thing going before the holidays.

At least it was something to keep them both busy. Crosby was helping out when he could. It looked like the two would be making food runs after concerts, for starters. But hopefully, they'd be parked in the right place on Black Friday that might bring some cash. Daisy's Dad was doing a lot of the food prep. Basically, Hansen would be cooking and Crosby would be running the cash register.

"I'm sorry I acted the way I did at the concert." Crosby hated to look at Julie. Her curls made him think of Lola and it was devastating.

At the moment, they were in the kitchen trying to find something to eat. Hansen found the juicer. It was like he'd found Christmas. Crosby's grandmother had never gotten the thing out of the box.

"No sweat. Not a problem." Hansen assured him as he got the juicer set up and dug in the fridge for some veggies. Crosby even spotted his grandmother's ginger-root in the freezer. In no time Hansen pulped up veggie drinks for them.

"I dunno why I even try. I should have learned my lesson by now." Hansen handed over a think green drink to Crosby. Honestly, he'd never had greens and carrots this way, but it wasn't bad.

"What do you mean?" Crosby winced.

"I'm always in the friend's zone." Hansen sighed as he leaned against the kitchen counter with his drink. "What's wrong with me?"

"Its good to be friends." Crosby told him.

"I know." Hansen nodded. "Its just..I've always liked Sara. The first time I met her..I really thought I was going to pass out. Anybody else, would have just, you know, head for the hills. But me, well it was this amazing feeling, you know, like getting high. It wasn't like I was trying to look at her butt, you know. I love to see her smile. Those teeth. She has beautiful teeth. I like her voice too." He looked as if he might be in a Sara trance, already.  "But you know, I just kind of stayed from a distance, because I didn't want her thinking I was stalker, or something."

"She's kind crazy." Crosby reminded him as he finished the veggie drink. "You know, what she did to Max's car, don't you? She slashed his tires. She wrote all over his car. I'd stay clear of her."

"I guess." Hansen went to clean up the juicer.

Crosby shook his head. He had a feeling Hansen just might be Sara's BFF, in spite of everything.


a lot like love


3 comments:

  1. Wow, so much is going on! I am excited for them about the food truck though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There aren't that many guys out there like Hansen.

    ReplyDelete