Monday, December 23, 2013

all in the family

unwrap the holiday




Henry helped get the guestroom in order with some help from Leo. He wouldn't let Audrey do a thing.

They turned the bed and put on clean sheets. Leo went to work vacuuming. Audrey tried her best to figure out why Carson was really here.

"You, don't even know him?" Audrey thought that was strange as she was already posing as if she had a baby bump. Possibly she was only imaging one, as she watched Henry fluff pillows.

"I haven't seen my Mom's brother in forever. She doesn't talk about him. He's pretty much off the grid, according to her. I guess he's the black sheep of the family." Henry shrugged. "He's got a lot of kids. Evidently. I'm not sure if Carson's parents are married."

Audrey nodded, guessing she might be prying too much. She left to see if she could get Carson anything. She overheard Carson talking about a brother he was hoping to find.

"He was in Juvie, but he was released." Carson said to Aidan. He looked a bit frustrated. "He might be here in town, somewhere. I know its a wild goose chase, but I'm pretty sick of everything at home. Maybe, I'm just using this as an excuse to get away."

Audrey supposed he was tired of trying to take care of his mother.

"She just keeps making bad choices." He left it at that. "Look, I want to try to be on my own. But if ..if I could just stay with you, through the holidays. I promise I won't be any trouble."

Audrey rolled her eyes at that. What did he mean by trouble? This brother of his sounded like wild fire. Audrey hoped Aidan knew what they were getting in too.

2 comments: