Sunday, February 23, 2014

sweet and sour

Sweet & Sour


"I love that this happening to us. Together." Audrey smiled as if she and Jane might be going to the moon.

"We're just pregnant." Jane said ever of solemn as they went through the maternity clothes together at the Mother's To Be Boutique in the mall.

"God, you're such a downer, what's got your panties in a wad?" Audrey winced. She was still on cloud nine. She couldn't explain it, but she was excited about this new adventure.

"I'm fine." Jane practically frown.

"You are not." Audrey looked at her serious.

"I'm just tired. And nothing turned out like I thought it would last time, you know." Jane sighed.

"You, can't be thinking of Matt." Audrey squinted hard. She'd honestly forgot about that psycho that was the father of Jane's first child.

"Its not that." She shook her head. "Not really. I mean, I knew he could only be there for me..for so much. He was married, with a family. Even, if I kept thinking he was going to leave them, for me. Which was stupid and selfish." She said as she pushed through outfits that neither of them could afford. But there were some gorgeous maternity clothes here.

"I think something is wrong with the baby." Jane looked at Audrey.

"Like what?" Audrey wanted to know.

"I don't know. I can just .. sense it." Jane sighed.

"Well, have..have they told you, anything?" Audrey assumed Jane had access to all the doctors at the hospital since she worked there.

"Not yet." She looked a bit grim as if she was expecting the worst.

Audrey didn't know what to say.

"I could go for a soft serve. How about you?" Audrey guessed getting a new maternity outfit was out of the question.

2 comments: