Thursday, February 18, 2016

a little secret

a little secret




Draco looked up at his bright master piece. Actually, it took over the basement bathroom. Of course, Lily was the first to see it.

"WOW!" She looked up at the ceiling, there was a bit of the sky, but lots of leaves covered it. And if one looked hard enough, or long enough, they could see the creatures hiding. "Its a Jungle, isn't it?" She pointed to a monkey she saw. There was a tiger and an elephant. "How long did it take?"

"I dunno, a night or two." He shrugged. He hadn't wanted to paint since..the time Charlie went to jail. He just couldn't.

Yes, his art was his first love, but he wouldn't let himself do it. Besides, his dad said it was a waste of time, but Draco use to be a house painter, just to say he could paint for a living. Of course, he hated it.

Now his back was sore. He was out of shape. He guessed. But this winter was so cold. Maybe that's what he hated about moving back.

"Are you going to sell it?" Lily asked.

"I don't think so." Draco chuckled. "Just don't tell Gramps I did it." Draco looked at the little bathroom which included a shower and medicine cabinet mirror. At least, his dad never came to the basement.

"I'm gonna take a picture." Lily snapped away with her camera phone. "I wish my friends could come over and see it."

"I don't think so." Draco shook his head.

"But..but this should be in a museum." She told him.

"I know you're my number one fan." He'd painted her pictures of a princesses, unicorns and castles. Of course, that stuff was long gone now, after coming back here. He felt kind of sad now, about it. No way could he tell her, he'd unloaded it at Good Will. "Look, I'll try to paint you something. Just tell me the colors you want, for your new room."

"Well, you know, I still love pink." She smiled.

"I doubt, you ever get tired of that color." Draco was already imaging a castle in a far-away fairy-tale land. He'd try to remember the pictures from before. He'd do it best to make it bigger and better this time.

2 comments: