Saturday, July 30, 2016

just a chat

Just a Chat




Charlie needed Barry, every step of the way. Especially, if their wedding was going to happen. She'd decided to do everything herself.

Finally, she got a hold of Tiffany. It hadn't been easy, since Tiffany quit the deli and moved in with Irwin.

"I never moved in with him." Tiffany clarified, but she'd gotten a good job with the payroll at a trucking company.

"Are you even seeing him, anymore?" Charlie asked. They  had some time to talk before the others met up with them at the brewing company.

"Yes, we decided to only date." Tiffany glared at her as if she was holding on to some secret she didn't want Charlie to know about. Charlie nodded and told her once more that she was happy she would be in the wedding.

It was good to know that Tiffany didn't go off the deep end. Charlie knew of Tiffany's past, of ups and downs. As it was, Tiffany was looking for a new apartment. She'd been saving up, and she wanted to be on her own with Brick.

"Maybe, maybe we can all go out sometime, You, me, Barry and Irwin." Charlie smiled, hoping she could be Tiffany's friend. They'd been close co-workers at the grocery store. Now, even Charlie was leaving the mega grocery store. "I'm starting nursing school in late August."

"Wow." Tiffany sighed, giving her pat on the back. "Why do you do this to me?"

"What?" Charlie looked at her, a bit worried.

"You, always have your act together." Tiffany told her, as if she was disappointed with herself.

"Things are looking good for you. I'm glad you found a better paying job. And I hope you and Brick can have your own home." Charlie said ever so hopeful.

"Yeah, but your guy makes you laugh...I dunno about Irwin. I dunno about Brick and Irwin." Tiffany shook her head.

"I don't think Brick ever met Lily." Charlie didn't want Tiffany to get misty-eyed on her. She thought it was best to talk about their kids. "Next time we go to a movie, I'll be sure to contact you."

"Brick doesn't live with me." Tiffany clarified. "He lives with  my sister, Brittany and Carson now."

2 comments:

  1. I think Tiffany needs to talk to someone, she has so much on her mind...

    ReplyDelete