Friday, October 7, 2016

I can't even

I can't even




Taylor should have seen it coming. Omaha didn't want to be here.

Of course, Sara wouldn't say it, but she didn't like him much. She blamed Omaha for everything. Even the hair in the shower, and it wasn't even his. Omaha had a bathroom in the basement. 

How would he ever keep the peace? 

No way, was he going to let Omaha decide his life for him. Even if Omaha was possibly the brother he always wanted.

"Its nothing, about Emily." Taylor shook his head.

"Well, you ask a lot of questions about her." Omaha looked at him as if he just didn't get it. "We..look, it only lasted a month.. at the most. I mean, I..I guess, she was just using me." Omaha looked at him blankly. "I mean, why..why would she want to be..with somebody like me? I..I was just a roofer then." Omaha nursed his bottom lip. "And..and I really didn't know, about..about women like her."

"Women? Like her?" Now Taylor was offended. "I was going to marry her." His voice tensed. He really didn't want to think about Emily now. 

"God, I..I didn't mean-"

"She ran out on me, and..and YOU!" His teeth clinched. He didn't want to blame him, but there was a part of him who did want to blame Omaha. "We could have ..have had a bunch of kids by now."

"I dunno, if she would have been..that great of a mother." Omaha winced with a shrug. "I don't think she wanted kids."

Taylor eyed Omaha as frown  grew into a pout.

"And I'm beginning to wonder if Sara wants any kids." Omaha told him. "I'm not saying, its kids that make a marriage. But..but it is something to think about. Especially, if that's what you want."

Omaha went on with the yard work.

Taylor couldn't help to have bitter tears. It was the one thing he yearned to be, somebody's father. But he wanted to be somebody's husband first.

1 comment: