Monday, April 24, 2017

its not so unfortunate

its not so unfortunate




"Oh, I dunno..sounds like a horrible idea." Jamie shook his head. Why would Effy want her brother to meet Corina?

"I dunno what else to do." She seemed quite overwhelmed with work, and yet so determined to have her Friday night dinner party.

"Next thing you know, you'll be inviting your ex over." He couldn't help but say. He took a piece of raw potato before she tossed it in the hot oil to fry.

She gave him the eye, as if this was no time to get in an argument while she was cooking. Jamie shrugged. 

"I bet he's lonely." Effy told him.

"I doubt it. I mean, he works...he goes to school. He doesn't have time for anyone." Jamie told her.

"I'm just trying to help." She was almost in a pout. "Its all my fault that he moved here, anyway." Effy said she doubted he liked it here.

"I haven't heard a complaint." Jamie shrugged.

Effy stirred at the fries to keep them from sticking. Jamie knew his mother would be horrified to know he was eating this many fried foods. Sometimes, they had egg-rolls and fries and then ramen. His mother hadn't checked up on them, once.

A part of him felt a little hurt, but then again, he'd taken Effy's side and not his Mom's.

Even now, about Effy's brother...he knew he needed to be on Effy's side. Still...

"I think you should let him decide. Don't go pushing your friend, off on your brother." Jamie told Effy. "You, might regret it."

"Its just dinner." Effy shrugged and went on with her fast food cooking. Honestly, she was the twenty-minute cook.

1 comment: