Tuesday, July 25, 2017

just a thought

just a thought




"You're not nearly as upset as I thought you'd be." Xander looked at Simon who was helping make ice cream cookie sandwiches with Dakota.

"What?" Simon looked at him, as if he might be oblivious to the whole situation with Bree. He put another spoonful of chocolate ice cream on the chocolate chip cookie while Dakota put the cookie top on it, ever so careful.

"Aren't you worried, what..what might happen to her?" Xander always thought Simon was madly in love with the girl.

"She's..she's with Connor." He was closed lipped about his love life these days. As usual, he was always getting texts from Ivy. Although, he confirmed..they were just friends. He went on with the cookies and ice cream. "We, we decided..we..she..Bree.. didn't want to..see..me..anymore."

"When did that happen?" Xander felt he was the last to know, "Does your Mom know?"

Simon shook his head, no. He finally sighed.

"Don't make me feel bad about this." He did look sad. Evidently, Theater camp must have paid off because Xander was sold on Simon's pollyanna performance. "I think she's OK."

"Have you tried to call her?" Xander wanted to know. He shook his head, no.

"I..I wouldn't know what to say to her, if..if I did get her." He sighed, thinking he was certain she'd ditched her phone, but he could see her getting a GO PHONE.

"Well, who would she call?" Xander couldn't help but ask.

"I dunno." He shrugged. "Not me."

Simon told Xander that he should be a police detective.

Xander couldn't help but laugh. He pushed his fingers into his brother's dark curls and messed with his hair before Simon could push an ice cream sandwich into his mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment