Friday, June 29, 2018

I just hope we catch one another


"Well, if it does happen-" Gabby paused for a moment as she leaned against the bookcase where Will pushed in books in alphabetical order. "What? What will you do?" She looked at Will as if she would be here for him, after all. Still, in her heart, she knew that was only a MAYBE since she did have Ste in her life now.

"I don't want to talk about it." He whisper-shouted. "You're always wanting things to go bad for me and Ivy. Can't you find anything more interesting in your life?" He frowned at her as if he was ready to stomp her foot or even a shove, but he didn't. He kept working.

Gabby shook her head.

"I think there's another guy." She hugged herself. Valentina had told her about what she saw back on Memorial weekend at Adventureland, but she didn't want to bring Valentina into this. They were just beginning to be good friends.

"What?" He winced as if she were a liar and she needed to shut the hell up. He sighed and went on with the shelf of books to put away. He wouldn't look at her now. "God, why do you do this to me?" He finally snapped. "We're not even friends anymore."

"I-I thought we were." She felt hurt. How could he say this?


He shook his head, no. "You're not like anything I remember." He said she'd changed.

Gabby winced a frown. She walked away.

"Stop worrying about me." She thought she heard him whisper. Gabby pressed her lips tight. A part of her wanted to go back and hug him, but it wouldn't have done any good. She guessed she'd broken his heart some time ago and it couldn't be fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment