Sunday, July 15, 2018

I'm not a saint, that's easy to tell


Bree believed Torry was her chance to turn things around.

"But, I haven't been a very good friend," she said he could see that clearly with all the drama going on. "I don't know if its just me, or them."

Torry's smile assured her it wasn't entirely her fault. When he embraced her she felt relieved that she could go on, even if she never heard from Gabby nor Will, again.

They took long walks together while she was home. Maybe, she wanted to avoid who was there. Her father for one. They'd never been that close.

"He..he used to scare me, when..when he would drink." She told Torry.

"Did he ever hurt you?" Torry asked. She shook her head, no.

"I..I stayed away from him." She then mentioned her father had been in prison. That was why her guardian was Uncle Rowdy. "I would have probably never known him..if.." She hated to talk about her father. Still, she was happy where she was now in her life. She was happy to be at Art school with Torry. Her mother's family was nearby.

"I just want to be a good person," Bree finally confessed.

"You are a good person." Torry smiled and his warmth made her happy.

"But, but you don't know me like they do." It was true. She did her best not to be a brat around him, yet he made it so easy. She did feel like a better person, these days. Still, she wasn't sad when Connor left her. Or maybe, she'd left him.

They would always be friends, even if Connor were her first love.

No comments:

Post a Comment