Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Let me play among the stars


When Rosie awoke in the late afternoon, it stunned her, remembering she was in Sunny's room. Of course, he was still asleep.

They had been reading Anime and dozed off.

She rose to her elbows as the graphic novel fell to the floor. She winced hard, thinking of her mother.

Rosie didn't like the idea of being anything like her mother. Her mother was a teen when she had Rosie. Even now, Rosie felt she had such vivid memories of her, but they were fading ever so quickly.

"What's the matter?" Sunny must have seen her grimace.

"It's nothing, really." She promised.

"No, tell me." His hand touched her shoulder.

"I was thinking of my mother." She did her best to smile. "I think my dad was her first real boyfriend." She set up and hugged her skinny self. "I know, he thought they'd always be together."

She was quiet then.

"It's just- they were young when they had me and I know it was hard for my mom." Rosie sighed. "I wish-" She felt as if she was coming down with a cold, suddenly, as she held in the tears. "I should have told her I loved her more." She caught her breath and looked at Sunny. "It's just, I don't want to be a teen mom, like her."

Sunny remained even lipped. He put his arm around her and hugged her, as if she would be safe with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment