Sunday, January 20, 2019

life of the party


It was bitter cold. Perhaps not as snowy, but it was January just the same. However, things had changed for Jordon. She'd married Wade on New Year's Eve.

Of course, Lux more dismayed than shocked about the matter. At least she made some ginger and lemon tea for Jordon so they could sit and talk. Her new boyfriend went to see about baby Jake.

"Wade's working." Jordon smiled as if his sister Lux should be happy about the matter. Oh, it would be hard to explain this. Jordon nursed her bottom lip as if she'd been too spiteful in the past. She wanted to perpetuate instead of redefining her life. "Please, don't be mad at me."

"But," Lux could barely spit out her words. Jordon could tell she was doubtful. "You..you wanted to be who..who you really are."

"I know." Jordy winced, she let out a sigh thinking how it might be if she'd gone through a transition. There would have been side effects. "But, I'm OK, with everything. I know he loves me."

"Really?" Lux's expression tensed as if Jordy wasn't that good of a liar.

"I feel.." Jordy couldn't look at her, as she held on to her mug. "I feel we keep  having the same conversation, over and over."

Lux shook her head as if this was true.

Finally, Jordy told her she was going to have a boy.

Lux smiled. "Then I've got clothes to give you." She went to boxes under the sofa and called Will to load up Jordy's car.

She promised her then. She would come to visit and help her with a nursery. Maybe they could all get together soon. After all, they were family.

No comments:

Post a Comment