Tuesday, February 11, 2020

When skies are grey


"I've only known Henry for a short time, but he's been a great friend, who's helped me get through some tough times," Duffy told Effy over sandwiches. "I hope Josie will trust him. I know they have both been through a lot with his bouts with illness, but somehow, I feel sure they'll get through this."

Effy nodded. "But she thinks he's changed," Effy shrugged. "I don't see it, do you?"

Duffy smiled. "Sometimes, when you are with somebody the longest you're the last to know that someone's grownup, after all."

"That could be so," Effy smiled. "You've grown up."

"I wish," Duffy looked over at his son who was making a mess with his jelly sandwich. "But I have you to lead the way."

"True."

Effy got a warm wash cloth to clean the baby's hands and face.

"See, you always know what to do," he sighed. Still, he hoped she believed him that he truly wanted to marry her.

2 comments:

  1. I love it.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the right web site for everyone who hopes to
    understand this topic. You understand so much its almost hard to
    argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a brand new spin on a topic which has been discussed for decades.
    Wonderful stuff, just excellent!

    ReplyDelete