Friday, July 30, 2021

Love's strange



 "Well, where did he go?" Misty looked at Jay holding baby Hope out in the play area of the apartment complex. It was early evening and Slater was nowhere in sight.

"Slater went out on a date," Jay shrugged.

"A date?" Misty snarled a frown. Why wasn't he there when she needed him? Bishop was giving her the silent treatment on her phone. Granted, she'd never actually heard his voice, but he would not answer her text. He hadn't for the last few days.

She plopped down next Jay as if he couldn't be any help, but she needed to not be alone, or she might go off the deep end.

"Here," he sat Hope in her lap.

"What?"

"I just changed her," he said. "She smells nice at the moment. Baby fresh." He smiled. Of course, Hope was already drooling on Misty's fingers as she grabbed her thumb.

Misty squinted hard. She didn't like it. No. No way and yet the longer this little thing sat there, Misty felt a certain comfort she'd never had before. She'd forgotten about Bishop.

"So do you and this Bishop fight a lot?" Jay asked.

"No!" She made the baby jump. She sighed then pressed her lips tight. "We've..we've never had a fight." Maybe it was true, she never told Bishop how she really felt. It was just so nice when he did text, but then he didn't.

Jay nodded. 

"I know a lot of times I didn't know we were really fighting, but we were," Jay said about the matter. "Maybe Bishop stresses you out more than you know. I mean, some couples just have to fight. That's the only way they can communicate. But it can stress everyone else out in the family, and I  know it's not a good thing, after all."

"It's not like that with Bishop and me." Misty shook her head, no. She was in a pout. "If..if he would just see me. Let me hear his voice."

"I can see you care about him," Jay said as he noticed Hope was starting to squirm. He took her back before she could fuss. He got up with the baby and the backpack. "Just don't wait too long. You have to have it out with him."

She watched him leave. He turned back to her and said, "Just don't give up."

She nodded. She guessed he would know. After all, he was alone.

13 comments:

  1. The title suits what you have written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Holaa! Este me ha encantado, las líneas finales fueron mis favoritas.
    Besoss ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I loved this one, the final lines were my favorite.
      Kissess ♥

      =) Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Hello!! a very good chapter, I really liked it, thanks for sharing.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genial fragmento . Jay tiene razón te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like always, your chapters are amazing
    I love it
    Thanks for sharing
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm. Another puzzle piece of Slater's past. Misty seems like she's having some regrets. It'll be interesting to see if something happens with her and Slater, or if he ends up with Vanna. In the collage, I like the Girl Dad shirt and the dudes' intense facial expressions!

    On another note, as always, thanks for your comments. I really enjoy reading them! I know that this is an unpopular stance, but I've always hated the Olympics. I don't like sports, and I find the competitiveness unsettling. Also, when I was little, I had a babysitter who insisted on watching them instead of my beloved sitcoms. Maybe that's why I think it's so brave and commendable that Simone Biles withdrew from the games for her mental health. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of stress gymnasts and other Olympic athletes are under -- they train so hard, they even stop getting their periods! Anyway, I think that Simone is an inspiration. I wish her the best and hope she finds the peace that she needs and deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, indeed, can be strange ~ Xo ~ well written ~

    Living in the Moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete