Wednesday, March 29, 2023

you ought to know



 "Oh, there are some things you don't know, man," Phil shook his head. Of course, he couldn't wait to talk to Alfie about it when he stopped by on his way to Zoey's.

Alfie brought some bread that nobody would eat at Nora's. It was a thick white bread Phil liked to make toast out of, so he made toast and coffee.

"Oh really?" Alfie looked at him as if he needed to know more.

"It's about Boone and his sister," Phil smiled as if finally he had something to talk about. These days he went days without having anyone to talk to. They always shut him down at work. He was in fear of being a loudmouth. Although, he never said anything. He just did his work and sent it on its way, checking his e-mail constantly waiting for feedback.

"Like what?" Alfie made himself comfortable waiting for the coffee and toast. Phil went to reach for the butter spread and some wild berry jam his mom had sent him.

"Well, I don't think they like each other," Phil said after pouring coffee and setting out the milk.

"What?" Alfie looked shocked. He winced as if he didn't believe him.

"No, Boone thinks she's a witch," Phil nodded. Of course, Alfie laughed at that. 

"Oh, he's just a prankster," Alfie stirred his coffee after a splash of milk.

"I'm serious, they don't really talk. He says she's moody and even their parents don't go crazy over her like they do him." Phil felt it would have been best if he'd said nothing now.

Alfie only sighed. "I wish he'd talk to me, you know."

"I think he likes you," Phil nodded.

"I dunno. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I mean, on one hand, I think maybe we should have-"

"Don't say that," Phil said. "It's good to know family. It is. You need each other."

Alfie nodded. "I guess I'll try harder." He sipped his coffee then. "So what about you and Boone?"

"What about me and Boone?" Phil looked at him startled.

"I don't know, I just thought you two might have hit it off, or something," Alfie shrugged. Phil choked on his coffee then. 

He told Alfie they just played video games. What was he getting at? Alfie brushed it off then with a smile. "I'm glad you two can talk. Really, I'm glad you both have someone to confide in. And..and thanks for telling me about Oakley." He agreed she was very hard to know. Of course, he didn't know how to fix any of this. Instead, they ate toast and jam.

14 comments:

  1. There are some people that refuse to talk with me seeing I am a Witch, especially some Christians I know, even though I have only showed kindness to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alfie's got things to think about now. A witch? Hmm. Maybe she just likes pagan type stuff. Oakley and Zooet both seeem fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genial fragmento te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola! me gusto mucho el capítulo, esta muy interesante la historia. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much drama, makes me glad to be well past teen years. Happy Writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola!! la comunicación va a ser muy importante en adelante

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that eating toast with jam always works when life's too hard to figure out! That's interesting about Boone and his sister not getting along because he thinks she's a witch. I see lots of potential for storylines there! And it's nice that Phil and Boone are bonding over gaming.

    The green collage is so fresh and springy! 💚🌿💚🌿💚🌿💚🌿

    ReplyDelete