Friday, March 31, 2023

As my life turns


 

"You really are good with Hope," Bom thought Lindy should know. "I guess you weren't expecting that you would be a full-time mom."

They had the kids at the dining table dabbling in watercolors. Of course, Hope was a mess, but Lindy let her be as if she knew she wasn't quite finished. 

"She's a handful, but I might think she was sick if she wasn't," Lindy shrugged. "I just want her to be happy." She mentioned that she'd been taking her to the STEM storytime at the library. "We've been dancing, even doing our own grocery shopping at storytime. I think she's found some friends there."

"Oh, I remember those days," Bom sighed with a smile. 

"But you like your job," Lindy nodded. "And the daycare is right there. I'm thankful it's there too. We all need our time to be creative." She mentioned that her online classes weren't too bad. "Mostly, I just do what I want to do when it comes to art, and somehow, that's been OK."

"Do you think your Dad and Jay's mom will be stopping by a lot since they've moved here?" Bom went to get them each a bottle of water while the kids were still playing. 

"I think Jay has them pretty much trained. Sunday afternoons are for them. So we try to make it a Sunday Dinner which happens at two in the afternoon. We do like to sleep in." She nodded.

"And now you've got Slater as a big brother," Bom chuckled.

"Oh, he's the big brother Jay has always needed. Dad's still wondering where Slater's tall genes came from," she laughed. "I'm glad Dad is finally settling down. I think he's really in love this time and it makes me happier too. Even if I know he doesn't know what we can really talk about. We still see each other, and he doesn't cry as much as he used to when he has to say goodbye." Lindy kept smiling even if she knew it was best for life to go on and not get caught up in past emotions.

12 comments:

  1. Hola!! me gusto mucho el capítulo de hoy. Estoy deseando ver como continua. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww dads and daughters- that can be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone seems happy with the way their life is going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, we should have our own way of life...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very interesting.
    I wish you a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!! good chapter, thanks for sharing.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful to hear that Lindy's doing so well! Bonding with Hope, pursuing her art, and even being happy that her dad's in love. It's a real inspiration considering how dark things were for her. You're so good at that, Ellie, always showing us the light! 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

    ReplyDelete
  8. Las cosas familiares siempre son duras, Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindy me parece un muy buen personaje ♡

    ReplyDelete