Sunday, April 2, 2023

Apparently so




 "So you are with somebody?" Poppy looked at Gage in his semi-uniform for the post office and with a cart of groceries. They were both shopping and he was getting a few things for Nora.

"Well," he couldn't say it was official. Exactly. But he knew Poppy didn't want to know the specifics. "Her name is Nora." He didn't want her to think he was just her roommate who he occasionally slept with. Although, he slept better with her than with Alfie.

"Nora?" Poppy seemed pleased to hear that. She mentioned her aunt moved to an assisted living apartment complex. "She's doing better on her medication and I think she likes Niah."

"Oh, Niah," Gage smiled. "How is she?"

"She's very eager to learn to read," Poppy told him.

"Maybe..maybe sometime, you guys can come over to Nora's and..and she could meet Alec," he winced a smile as if he hoped that was OK with Nora. 

"I'd like for you to meet Joon," she nodded. "We want to get married this summer. Actually, I'm trying to get him to move the date up." Of course, it had to do with her Aunt. "I would really like for her to be there, and of course, I'd love to see you and your family too."

She made it sound like a done deal. Although, he doubted she was talking about him and Nora. Of course, Alec thought he and Nora got married when he found out he'd stayed in Nora's room. He was already calling Nora his mom. He'd even yelled at Gage when Gage told him not to say something like that. Alec stomped off with a fat bottom lip that Nora was going to be his mom with or without Gage.

Gage kind of laughed at the thought. "Yeah, maybe we can have a cookout." He told her about Alfie meeting Zoey.

"Oh, Alfie," she shrugged.

"Well, somehow we have still managed to be friends," Gage smiled.

"I really don't know how," she shook her head.

"You know, he's got a little brother," Gage told her.

"A little brother?' She sounded as if that was impossible.

"Oh, it hit him hard when his mom told him. He had to go visit his Dad too," Gage squinted a little more as he grinned. "But I think meeting Zoey has helped."

"Huh, I dunno," she said she thought he still had a lot growing up to do.

"Oh, he's growing," Gage laughed. Maybe they both were.

12 comments:

  1. Most people in casual relationships idealize others as they would like them to be rather than as they really are.
    Another good chapter.
    💋 Kisses 💋

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely chapter. You write dialogues so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The growing and learning never stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little initial awkwardness but nice to read them catching up. Gotta love the Alfie talk. :) I think him and Zooey are gonna make some waves?

    Hope you had a nice weekend. Is it nice there? It's 40's here and was sunny but now clouding over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed what I read, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ambos están madurando. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was nice to see Gage and Poppy reconnect, especially now that they're both in a better place. It was also fun to see them joke around about Alfie. I love when Gage says this at the end:

    "Oh, he's growing," Gage laughed. Maybe they both were.

    Of course, I can understand little Alec's confusion about his dad's marital status. Still, it's wonderful that he loves Nora!

    I heart all the orange in the collage! 🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

    ReplyDelete
  8. that have very nice kind of relationship:) as a friends of course

    ReplyDelete
  9. Again beautifully and interestingly written.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is such a lovely chapter. I hope things work out with Nora, and a cookout should be good to get the characters together:) Maybe some drama? Hehe...
    And I hope you have a lovely Easter too, Ellie! It's indeed a busy time for us Catholics:) I hope you get some much needed rest over the weekend. I'm still in my anime phase right now but am dying to see some Kdrama and Japanese horror. Would love to see Midnight Diner soon too!!
    PS I think it's so awesome how you love making stuff for your friends and family. Unfortunately, I had to stop doing that coz nobody around me appreciates the time and effort it makes to make handmade stuff! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete